1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Amazon Deal of the Day: Olympus E-PM2 with 14-42mm and 40-150mm Two Lens Kit for $349

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Soar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Soar

Soar Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2013
    Texas
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jgmankos

jgmankos Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2012
    Slatington, PA
    John
    Smokin' deal on a great camera!!!

3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    That's what I just paid for a refurb E-PL5. Luckily I really wanted the E-PL5 over the E-PM2 or I'd be sad.

Still, that deal is good. What is it, $100 off the list price plus a free telephoto lens? You could probably sell both lenses and get a new E-PM2 body for around $100-$150.

4. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Hmm, epm2 for a second body to em5 or wait for gm1 to drop in price...

5. hookgrip

hookgrip Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2013
    I had one of these and the IBIS performance was very poor and inconsistent. It's nothing like the 5-axis IBIS on the EM5. Plus the IBIS causes blurring at certain shutter speeds, unless you set a delay which then makes the shutter lag terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Thanks for the input. Was going to get one for second cam when doing video (like interviews or events).

Plus: easier to match shots as they use the same sensor

I think I'll wait for the gm1 fire sale next Black Friday.

7. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    FYI, they ship to Europe for peanuts as well. It's such a good deal I'm pondering getting one just to re-sell for a little profit/re-investment in other camera gear...

8. camaco

camaco New to Mu-43

Jan 11, 2013
    The shipping to Europe is indeed cheap, but they will cheerfully add on 75-100 dollars "Import Fee Deposit", which you may or not get back some months later.

Nevertheless, even with that included, the price is still cheaper than anything to be found in Europe…

9. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Exactly. With the import fee (which I would otherwise have to pay anyway), it's 20 bucks more than half price here.

10. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I had a white one in my cart but hesitated and lost it. So I settled for a black one.

I know it will be an IQ upgrade from my current E-P3 but I wonder how i'll get along with the smaller form factor and lack of controls. I hope to buy an E-M5 in 2014 but at the price I couldn't pass it up.

11. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just bought one for my kid... she had been using my epl5 for a bit, but this kit is perfect for her...and she is only 5! so really, i will get some use too :D

Update: Just checked again on AMazon it looks like the price is back to $599... I just barely got in on the deal.

12. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I really did not need to see this but I pulled the trigger to give the Oly a fling. It will probably end up as a Christmas present for someone unless I like it more than my GX1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Could not get shipping to Croatia to work. Don't know why... Ramsey sad :(

Now i see the shipping was peanuts, i'm really bummed...

14. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I went with the Olympus 30% off deal since I already have the 40-150. I can live with the 1/8 s antishock and if not I'll map the IBIS onto the video button and just turn it off above 1/30 or so.

15. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Got my little E-PM2 kit in and it is very nice - however I do prefer my GX1 for handling.

I definitely prefer my 45-175 over the 40-150.

So I will either return it, sell it or give it to my daughter for Christmas.

16. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I'd take it if you'd be willing to ship it to Croatia... Pm me if you're interested.

17. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    My daughter wants it for Christmas so it will be staying in the family.