Amazon Daily Deal: Seagate 3TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive = for $95 w/ Free Shipping

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Need an external drive for backups? The one I use is Amazon's Deal of the Day:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backu..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Q28PX31KQ6TGSJ7EN09

It's a very speedy drive (3TB Barracuda) if you use a USB 3.0 interface. Faster than most of my internal HDD drives for transferring large files. Highly recommended, and this is about $20 cheaper than the usual price at most retailers. Works great for Mac or Windows (has to be reformatted for Macs since it comes w/ NTFS file system)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Tempting, but so is a film camera I've got my eye on. Decisions decisions. I'll got through the link here no matter which one I end up getting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Now all I need is a computer with USB 3.0.

4. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    looks good, but shows the 3tb at 118 dollars? did they change teh price?

5. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Don't these run incredibly hot and have a very low MTBF?

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I can't tell you statistics from other people, but I have four of these in frequent use pretty much since they came out. Never noticed any heat and have had no failures. I use the same 3GB Seagate Barracuda drives in RAID 0 inside my main PC, and those have been solid a well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

7. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Only thing to be aware of if using for a Mac, it is a start the format, and walk away for lunch, dinner, following breakfast, etc. 3TB takes a while to reformat...

Otherwise great spot, and a great deal for people who got one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.