1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Amazon a class act!!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Zariell, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Well I finally received my shiny metal lens hood for my 75mm today from Amazon, being as excited as a school boy on Christmas break, I ripped open the package, and what falls out? Not only the shiny metal hood, but as an addition a shiny metal lens cap to go with it.

Now I like a freebie as well as the next guy, but I decided to call Amazon since that was a costly mistake, and now here is where I really decided I like Amazon, they offered to let me keep the lens cap gratis. I decided to send it back since I'm fine with the plastic lens cap, but to me that was pretty much something most companies I know wouldn't even have offered to do. So Amazon gets two thumbs up in a circle from me :bravo-009:

• Like Like x 5
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Awesome!

Still, no way I'm sending that cap back. Not because I've "found" some kind of money in it, but because of the time for shipping, the carbon footprint and the cost. I guess I'm trying to say -- don't feel bad keeping it. Throw it in the box and pass on the joy to whomever gets the lens next.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Its already on its way back, I plan on keeping the 75mm and being buried with it!!!:biggrin:

4. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Probably why they didn't want it back.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, it costs as much to ship as it's worth at cost... especially a round trip. :)

6. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Probably but I feel I just filled the Karma jar a bit fuller :biggrin:

7. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    Amazon has always been awesome to me. They'll continue to get my business whenever possible.

8. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Worst experience I can say I had was I ordered a mecha toy for my son. And when it arrived was a Japanese girl statue which was almost naked except for a pair of bunny ears. They apologized and sent me the replacement figure quickly, but I thought my wife was going to skin me buying that toy for a teenager :)

9. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I have a sick desire to actually see your collection... Man I just love anything mecha, ever since I was a kid. I tried getting into some model building back in those days,but I was just horrible with. The only ones I got done were some macross models, and I was only pushed by the sheer love of those designs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I've always been pleased with Amazon, never had a problem. I purchase quite a bit from them. :cool:

11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have purchased too much from them :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    Just picked up a G5 kit + lumix G 45-150mm from amazon for $470 shipped. Not sure how they can afford to do that =O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I buy as much photo gear (plus a whole lot more) from Amazon as I do from some heavy hitters like B&H and Adorama. Never a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Zariell,

You got max karma when you called them, many would have taken advantage of their mistake. It feels good to respect the guy in the mirror and you should.
    i had a similar situation with them over a "lost" package that eventually arrived after the replacement from Amazon. Same ending so I bought more stuff from them. They are very customer focused.

Lee

• Like Like x 1