1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Amazing Hacked GH2 Low Light Test - Video

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by jasonkkchan, Dec 28, 2011.

1. jasonkkchan

jasonkkchan New to Mu-43

Dec 28, 2011
    Singapore
    Hacked my GH2 a few weeks ago with Driftwood's settings and thought I'd test it - I was blown away by both the low light performance and the higher bit rate. I've since shot on the unhacked GH2 (for a corporate shoot) and the footage is night and day - the hack is just amazing - thanks Vitaly and Driftwood!!

Here's the video (watch full screen at 1080p):

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GX1AsavTaA&feature=plcp&context=C33cb53fUDOEgsToPDskLmp96a49fjix6rSfwcRcE2]Panasonic GH2 Hacked ISO 12800 - dSLR workflow - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 5
  2. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Simply amazing! I love this camera! now if only we can get the 1.1 hacked already, lol!

3. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Cool video.... I'm mainly a Still photographer but I can appreciate this too. I think this hack is awesome.
    -Does the GH2 also shoot Stills up to that High an ISO?
    -Do you know if the Hack for the GH1 increases the ISO too and is it for still shooting as-well?
    -Also can you tell me if there is an increased in the Bulb time limitation?
    I am a G1 user and i ask because i might upgrade to a GH1 someday, just for the 1:1 and the better sensor, and i guess for the novelty of being able to shoot video. But I gotta stick with that or my G! because I do a lot of timed exposures most of which run more than the 4 minute cap that is on all the other G cameras.

Darn it all, I would just be SO frigging happy with keeping my G1 a few more years and not worry about saving up, if someone would just come up with a firmware upgrade so i can shoot in 1:1 aspect ,.. and maybe it will up my ISO to 6400 at-least... But really i can live without the ISO boost. Its just so hard guessing a 1:1 frame and batch cropping my images later and hope it turns out like i expected.

Also jambaj0e what do you mean by"now if only we can get the 1.1 hacked already"?

4. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Panasonic released their official firmware v1.1. The Vitaly hack/Driftwood patch that jasonkkchan is using is for the original v1.0 firmware. I'm sticking to the v1.1 firmware because it enables the ability to choose auto focus points in almost the entire frame and slightly increased responsiveness and FPS bursts in still photography.

The official v1.1 firmware also improved the video, but nowhere as amazing as the hacked v1.0 versions

• Like Like x 1
  5. sam_m

sam_m Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    That looked gorgeous, really enjoyed the video too, very well edited:thumbup: :smile:

6. jasonkkchan

jasonkkchan New to Mu-43

Dec 28, 2011
    Singapore
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Sorry been awhile. We love the hack - there's so much activity over at personal-view.com it's a bit overwhelming! To be honest - most of the time we're now shooting with the official firmware and are still blown away by what this camera can do. Here's another vid we shot in just available light at night (streetlights only) - with the same driftwood hack:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLJWzofKsek&list=UUPc5ORHMLcfMO8ADlBzXvLA&index=8&feature=plcp]Henry IV part 1 - Act 1 Scene 2 - William Shakespeare - Monologue - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  7. devilinangel

devilinangel New to Mu-43

Apr 16, 2012
    Oh! This video is so great, I like it very much, thank you

8. PSimmons

PSimmons Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 24, 2010
    Central Florida
    brilliant

9. JeniseOreilly

JeniseOreilly  

Jun 18, 2012
    Hacked my GH2 a few weeks ago with Driftwood's settings and thought I'd test it - I was blown away by both the low light performance and the higher bit rate.

ritterandramsey.com