Amazing content aware tools with affinity photo

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Robert Watcher, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Adobe Lightroom is my primary Image Management and Processing tool. However there are some abilities that are better dealt with in a full fledged editing application like Photoshop.

For reasons of price and speed on my Macbook, I incorporated a relatively new Photoshop Alternative called Affinity Photo a while back even though I have a full version of Photoshop CS6.

In practice so far, I only use Affinity for one thing - and that is cloning out unwanted content and creating content where not is. Yes Photoshop has Content Aware tools - but I really like the Inpainting Brush and Inpainting Fill tools available with Affinity Photo.

I threw together this video where I show real images being drastically improved in only a few seconds. Electric lines are easily replaced with sky, content is created where there was none, and great images of musicians performing are dramatically improved with a touch of the Inpainting Brush.

For some reason I have just never caught on to the content replacement tools in Photoshop. I'm sure the results are similar to what is being accomplished in Affinity Photo. I just find this program to be effortless and gives me a great head start to retouching - - - quickly.

Mind you this Affinity Photo application is Mac only so far. Talk is that a Windows version will be released in the future.
    ------

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.