1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Am I the only one in SOUTH KOREA?

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by LowriderS10, Oct 6, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hey all,

Is there anyone else in South Korea? Want to hang out? I'm near Busan (south-east corner of the country), but I love visiting new/different places...would be good to get together with other MFT shooters! :)

Cheers,
    Tamas

2. atom

atom Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I left in June after having spent two years in Seoul. Happy to be back in Canada, although there is lots of stuff I miss. Like the food and Family Mart plastic chair beer drinking and the proximity to so many amazing places.

3. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hey...a fellow Canuck!

I'm going on 3 years now (one more and then I'm done)...yeah, really looking forward to being home, but there are plenty of pluses here as well (not the least being a comfortable life and good employment). I love how close it is to places...I went to Japan 3 times in the past 6 weeks without breaking the bank...good luck doing that form Canada! ;)

4. 少林chris

少林chris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2013
    Los Angeles / Copenhagen
    Chris
    Oh man color me envy. Going to Japan that frequently is beyond cool.
    Let me guess, teaching TEFL?

5. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Dude there is a lot of people in South Korea

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I'm moving to Seoul on the 18th after having spent the last 4 years in Japan.

7. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    i have family in Busan. but now working in HK.

i was there two years ago working at Saha.

8. ochazuke

ochazuke New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2015
    South Korea/Canada
    Hi. I'm new to the site. I'll be in Seoul a significant amount of time this year. I'd love to meet up for a casual photo walk, and then maybe end up in a cafe (Cafe Bene and Paris Baguette are my faves) to chat afterward. I know my way around Seoul, but there is so much I still need to discover.

9. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Sadly, I just left Seoul a few months ago and I'm now in Washington state. Though I only went on two of their walks thanks to having to work most weekends, I'd suggest looking into Flickr in Seoul (https://www.flickr.com/groups/flickrinseoul/). They are a friendly group of people, and usually do 1-2 photo walks a month. Even exploring on your own, Seoul has a lot of fun sights and festivals to check out.

10. ochazuke

ochazuke New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2015
    South Korea/Canada
    Thanks. I did check out the flickrinseoul group before. It does not appear to have had any meet ups for a while. But I'll keep an eye on it.

11. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    I'm in Seoul. Relocated here two years ago from the U.S. Absolutely love it here and there are so many great places for photo ops.

12. ochazuke

ochazuke New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2015
    South Korea/Canada
    Yep, I really enjoy taking pics in Seoul. Even the most mundane things seem interesting to me. Yesterday I was in Itaewon taking in the atmosphere, and snapping some shots.

13. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

I'm fortunate enough to visit Seoul a couple of times most years. Love the place, amazing food, and the 7-11 out front plastic table and chair soju mixing is just so much awesome.

I don't recommend going to a BBQ after, though. You end up putting everything on the BBQ...

Z...