1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Am I Stupid or What?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by MrDoug, Sep 25, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I would like some help.. I have been trying to UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD pics on here till I am Blue in the face.. what is my problem?.. when I hit the Upload box it keeps saying images are to wide... I tried small images, large images etc.. Oh, well very frustrating.. why do they make it so difficult? I have no problem on other forums.. I know I am Crazy but I must be dumb as well.. I guess I will just have to view forums and not Share any photo's.. LOL

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I find it easier to use a photo hosting site like shutterfly, flickr, or photobucket and use the IMG tags

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I can't help MrDoug because I can't figure these fancy forums either. If you use flickr, I can coach you on how to share images from there on here which is how I do it. But I'm sure someone who's a little more tech savvy will chime in and help you out.

4. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I recently came across a great free image hosting site, Minus.com

The site features:
    • 10 GB free
    • Drag and drop upload
    • Preformatted forum links for easy copy paste

5. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I size my pics to no more than 800 pixels wide and 72 pixels per inch and have no problem. I first put them in my gallery here and use the little box at the bottom to copy the address than paste them into my post using the square yellow box with the mountain on it. This has worked since the first time I tried it except I had to figure out you don't want the http:// in there twice as it tries to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I am sure most of us have gone through this trying to get images posted to the forum.

As mentioned already, it is easier to setup an account with a photo hosting site, and then you can just insert the link the to image with the icon that looks like an image on the thread post here.

Flickr is good, has a free option, and is fairly inexpensive for an unlimited upload account. Another good option is Picasa web (https://picasaweb.google.com), which I think is especially nice if you have a google email account already. Really great social aspects and community sharing with both Flickr and Picasa.

If you are interested in printing, selling images, and having a bit more control, a lot of the folks here are using Smugmug, Zenfolio and (can't remember the name, Canada-based, something pixels?). These are not as good for the community aspect, but this may not be important, because you are sharing here. I use Smugmug because we are able to share family images without them needed to signup for an account like with some of the others. I also just started using Picasa, since I am on google+ now.

Hope that helps!

7. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    You are not alone. It took me a while to figure this out as well. It must be intentionally made difficult to keep dumb people like me from posting pictures...

Anyway, I upload my resized picture, less than 1000 pixels along the longer edge, onto my gallery, and then copy the url of the uploaded picture, and insert with the image icon on the tool bar at the top of this chat box.

I still haven't figure out how to upload pictures thru other sites such as flickr... :frown:

8. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I agree, the hosts must stay awake at nite trying to figure out the hardest way for a member to upload and post a picture on the forum.. LOL.. sheesh.. I think you need a degree at Stanford, Yale, or Harvard to see it as simple.. LOL

9. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Good Morning to all.. I will try all the provided methods today for sure.. I appreciate all the feedback for sure.. and I also need to be more patient ! !:smile:

11. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Testing 1234.. LOL

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/67885296@N02/6183802190/" title="P9230289 by MrDoug1, on Flickr"> 6183802190_df0b1f4ae8. "500" height="375" alt="P9230289"></a>

12. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Yayyyyyy !!!

:bravo-009:

( terabul pic by the way )

:tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Is this better?
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/67885296@N02/6183240941/" title="DSCF0646 by MrDoug1, on Flickr">"427" height="640" alt="DSCF0646"></a>

14. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Congrats! You did it!

15. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    is terabul -terrible in your words? shessh.. :smile:

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes it is :2thumbs:.

17. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Actually My wife looked at Alan's Video link, and BANGO.. I told her I would buy here a side order of Bacon at Breakfast this morning for a Bonus.. LOL :rofl:

18. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Wait, no one told me about the Free Bacon Side thread! I'm in! Wait.... errrrrr.... do I need to pose in a halter top?

Nice work on the successful image posting Doug. Give flickr or google a go on the photo album side... fun stuff for sharing with friends.

19. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks for all the help.. I feel much gooder now... :smile: I love this site by the way.. Thanks again..
    Doug

20. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes, I have new Flickr account.. and will set-up some Albums etc.. I will buy you a side of Bacon as well.. no halter top required.. :smile: