AM I MAD?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by elandel, Aug 23, 2013.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Well it's a question I'm trying to answer to.

Why?

I'm selling all my photography gear other than m/43 and diving into m4/3 and
    4/3:eek: Yes 4/3. Seems anachronistic with all Canikon new gear etc. But I love Zuiko lens and for my needs and limited skills having m4/3 and 4/3 in order to use the bigger lens will be just fine. At least so I'm thinking now.:redface:

When everyone seems to go forward to new technology I'm leaping backwards:rolleyes: so am I mad?

P.S. E-30 is coming in next week and so the 50-200 I.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I don't think u are mad.. U are getting more and wise after all this experimentations :drinks:

3. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I considered my move from D700 to m43 to Fuji as going backwards as well... at least in AF department. I think it's liberating as long as you are prepared well and you set your expectations correctly.

I will not be surprised if quite a few will do the same specially once the E-M1 becomes a reality.

Have fun with your m4/3 and 4/3 journey :smile:

4. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    If you enjoy following other peoples trends for the sake of it, not mad.
    If you enjoy your photography, yet other peoples choices are making you unsure of your choices, yes mad.
    If you enjoy reviewing and discussing your current strategy on the forum, not mad.

5. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Considering an imminent announcement of an E-M1 that may very well 'solve' MFT issues with 43 glass, I think you're a little bit mad. But not very.

6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I already have the E-pl5 and E-P3 and on my E-pl5 I have the 14-54II as my walkaround lens and I'm happy with the combo. Maybe with all changes there is a small amount of madness:biggrin:

7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi.. I sold my 14-54 mm MII and that was one of the most idiotic things I have done . EPL5 with 14-54mm is of the most advanced combo in digital photography . In the last one month I have handless and shot with 6D with 24-105 mm and Nikon D600 , very brief interaction with new canon baby .. Yes they all shoot beautiful pics but there is no real advantage rather than some handling and minor DOF . EPL5 is a very capable tool. I wouldn't even dream of carrying those heavy uninspiring bricks for shooting all the time.:wink: Just carry on with EPL5 and wait for EM1:thumbup::2thumbs:

8. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I had one of the first D600 and had a horror experience.:eek: Sensor dirt that made shooting impossible, Nikon did not recognise the problem (even now Nikon made only a generic statement); was lucky because I could give it back and have a complete refund. Bought a very nice D700 . awesome camera but way too heavy for me. Decided that small and light is my way so m4/3 and 4/3 if I want a reflex - my E-30 is on the way:biggrin:

And Zuiko glasses are more affordable than Canikon counterparts (IQ wise) here in Italy. I agree the E-pl5 with 14-54II is a killer combo even if when I said I wanted to use it everyone said I was mad...there must be something true about this statement:biggrin:

9. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Everyone is insane ... it is simply a matter of degree and circumstance.

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Not mad. Maybe eccentric and fun-loving.

11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    What do you want to hear :confused: :biggrin:

12. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Your opinion

13. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran