Am I Crazy! - Fuji X100

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by cstevens, Jun 27, 2013.

1. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    I just received an email from Fuji UK saying that refurbs of X100 are back in stock, I must have registered an interest a long time ago.

Anyway, the price was an amazing £550 with 12 months platinum warranty. Plus i had a 10% off code.

SO….I just hit buy now for an incredible £495, and from what I can tell Fuji Refurb are basically new, and will not have the Sticky blades problem.

I am hoping now I have a great street camera to take out with my OM-D and 45mm :)

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Just get it . I have bought it twice and sold it and still hunting for one . I loved it and wont well it again . New X100s is full of lies from Fuji. I love the out from X100.
    Cheers

3. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    I upgraded to next day delivery so should hopefully get it on Saturday or Monday :)

I think for the money it should be a good buy, and also pretty good with that leaf shutter for some off camera flash work :)

Just checked and now out of stock - I got the only one :) http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/fujifilm-x100-refurbished.html

4. Bhupinder2002

Its a good buy at this price . Leaf shutter is superb and AF is much better in real life than on internet forums:drinks:

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    To the OP: Yes, you are crazy but it has nothing to do with the X100. :) This was a great deal and definitely worth your while. An original X100 with the latest firmware should be just fine.

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    No such luck on this side of the pond, as far as I can determine.

:frown:

£668 (converted from U.S. dollars) seems to be the best refurb'ed price on Amazon U.S.

I'd like to have one but can't justify the cost to the Princess of the Exchequer.

Congratulations on your find!

Regards,

Jim

7. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Nice deal, congrats!

I just bought one too and it should be here by this weekend. :biggrin: Picked up one of the Black Ltds on Ebay, new from Hong Kong. Yeah, probably un-wise to do the gray market thing, but figured the cost savings versus a new X100S could fund any needed repair.

8. Bhupinder2002

USD 799 one ? I had a black edition and loved it but felt it was over prices.I paid AU999 at that time. I sold it but will get a silver one again . I loved that camera.

9. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Great job and well done - the X100 is a great camera and I have had mine for well over a year and still love it.

The refurbed camera is a real bargain price and equates to the used price of X100's, at least you know yours is 100% and has the latest firmware and a guarantee - no brainer and I wish you many years of enjoyment.

10. zerodi

zerodi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    Asia.Ph
    Havent posted for while here, but I just picked up a 99% perfect X100 2ndhand here in Manila for about £390 complete all accessories and box.

I sold my OMD last sept a got a D600 but have been wanting something with good IQ for street and general walking around here. Its a fabulous piece of kit very happy with it.

Running FW 1.3 and no blade problems the serial no is 14xxxxx

Awsome film like experience was a great buy

11. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    I am the proud owner of a X100 now, refurb clearly means brand new condition :) with a 23N serial number and the latest firmware installed.

Have to say I am quite impressed, bit of a handful to handle, not dissimilar to the OM-D without a grip, but because its a bit bulkier it seems easer to handle.

Looking forward to a day long photo trip to London this Saturday, will be taking the X100 with the OM-D + 45mm…nice combo me thinks :)

12. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Quick snap this morning, not bad for ISO 1600 in pretty shocking light in the garage - yes looks odd that Jack is aiming for the wrong ball, but somehow this was an action shot, and he had hit the white….weird but not the X100's fault lol.

9189095611_3cdbfb5b40_z.
    Shooting Some Pool by Craig Stevens UK, on Flickr

13. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    You're a photographer, so of course you're crazy, but taking the deal was a very sane move for a crazy person. Enjoy the X100; it's a truly great camera.

14. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    Spain
    No you're not

I'm crazy, I want a 45 1.8, 17 1.8 and a X100

Sent from my Lenovo A820 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

15. Highgrovemanor

Highgrovemanor Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2011
    I am hoping when 100s and xm1s become more readily available, x100 prices plummet. Not to be mean to early fuji adopters, but to be nice to early m43 adopters who are too invested in m43 lenses, but REALLY want old school shutter dials and aperture rings, like me! :)

16. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Craig I'm glad these are fixed and should be free from the aperture-blade problem, I guess time will tell.
    It's just five hundred quid still seems a lot of money ... if there are enough refurbs sold the used price might come into my territory.
    Crossed fingers.

17. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    I had watched a few used, and they sell for around £400-£500, the way I saw it though at £494 with a year warranty and time to send it back if it was rubbish, it was just a deal that had to be had.

Also for the price either refurb or used, I think you are getting a lot of camera….although to be fair other than street shooting I doubt if I would have got it…..I love the OM-D personally, but just something about the X100 that begs to be taken out wherever I go lol.

18. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
  19. qhs232

qhs232 New to Mu-43

Jul 17, 2013
    Metro Detroit
    Gary
    Great pic, nice skin tones...I just got a store display x100, haven't had time to do much more than open the box..

20. anttipantti

anttipantti Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2012
    I used to have an x100 too. Loved it for what it was but I only had funds for one camera at the time so I had to sell it.

A new black edition kit goes for 699€ (£600) and an used normal version for around 450€ (£385). I even saw one on sale for 370€ (£320) whichI missed by a few minutes! I'll probably keep waiting for another similar stupidly low price :biggrin: