Alternatives to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Lobbamobba, May 16, 2014.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    I haven't gotten my grubby hands on one yet but want to just to do a head to head with a Hacked DMC-GF3.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Ive never used a hacked GF3 but I suspect that based on pure IQ it might be a knife in a gun fight against the BMPCC ;)

4. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    ROFL I'd be astonished if it weren't a knife in a gun fight as my GF3 was $240 for 3 of them ;) just curious how glaring the difference would be

• Like Like x 1
  5. Artorius

Artorius Mu-43 Regular

You're going to notice the difference in pure IQ as was said previously. But where you're also going to notice the difference is in grading, or post processing. The GF3 will quickly fall apart when trying to adjust exposure, or color temperature. Meanwhile, even the blackmagic's prores will hold up much better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    Thanks for the info on where I'll see big differences. May just have to bite the bullet and get one I guess.

7. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    Have a BMPCC on the way. Finally going to see first hand how all my cameras compare to this Beastie .... The way I shoot ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    Tonight I get to use my new BMPCC , dying at work knowing it's sitting waiting patiently on my kitchen table having been delivered earlier. The anticipation is killing me!!! Heheheheh least I don't have to keep watching OTHERS BMPCC videos anymore I can shoot my own footage now........ Can't wait to shoot the Coney Island Mermaid Parade with it(trying for a switronix base plate) Why yes I'm as excited as a child on Christmas morning ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    I think I'm hooked ;) thinks this may alleviate battery problem...... RAVPower[emoji768] 15000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Charger
    http://amzn.com/B00DVB7F0S

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    Just ordered an Indipro Tools external battery solution for the BPMCC from B & H that uses 2 LP6 Batteries. Didn't bother with the higher end one that added an XLR input tho as I shoot separate audio most of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Are you liking the footage so far?