1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Alternative to Ebay for selling gear

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by caspert79, Nov 3, 2013.

1. caspert79

caspert79 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 4, 2013
    Netherlands
    As a beginning seller, I've already had a bad experience with a buyer abusing the buyer protection policy of Ebay. Also, selling on Ebay is very expensive and they make selling very complex by changing the rules all the time.
    Does anybody have experiences with selling on other websites? Important for me is that the website is international (I'm located in Europe) and that there are enough potential buyers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Here in my country, I use the local version of Craigslist (classifieds website), and local popular internet tech-focused forums buy/sell section, with great success. I'm sure there's local equivalents for you. They may not have as much traffic as eBay and the like, but pros are you deal locally and no fee's etc.

mu43 forums also has a buy/sell section, I see a number of international listings there from time to time.

3. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I can go along with that as I have lost out due to the same thing and have seen others on RFF who have lost out too. Ebay has become a place that is a purchasing scammers delight, it does not matter if you have the serial no of a camera if someone wants to send back a different broken version they get a refund. The hard part is what alternatives are there that reach such a large market that as a seller you have some safety?