Alright, I'm finally joining the Fuji bandwagon.

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Clint, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    What's not to like? A real mirrorless rangefinder! A camera with dedicated dials for adjusting shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation. A 1/500 flash sync speed. Comes with an 80mm lens! A 0.7 macro capability. Aperture ring on the lens and even depth of field markings. It maybe a little large, but the image quality - wow!

Check it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    They're a fantastic camera, I've been sorely tempted several times and I'm absolutely positive you're going to be happy :)

3. robcee

robcee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Rob Campbell
    I thought for sure you were going to be talking about the new X-pro 2 and had an, "it's not really a rangefinder" comment all ready in my head. It was going to be awesome.

But you have won this day! That looks like a pretty incredible camera. Post pics! :)

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Medium format rangefinders are something special. That Fuji would be a lovely upgrade from my 60-year old Koni Omega at less than half the weight. But I wonder if I would get spoiled by having a built-in lightmeter. I'd need to have batteries in my camera! Batteries! How terrible would that be...

...but regardless, I'd much sooner buy a Fuji medium format than any of their X-Mount cameras.

5. robcee

robcee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Rob Campbell
    I fell down a B&H hole from that link. Ended up looking at the Linhofs. Yummy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    my friend went for the XT-1 while still keeping the E-M1
    he finds that he has so many lees keepers with the Fuji because of low light focusing difficulty with manual focus lenses
    I looked at his focus peeking and it's like chalk and cheese compared to Oly.
    No IBIS and more blurry results from camera shake.
    Yep, what's there not to like? :hide:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
  8. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    you are right: I didn't
    Actually I did a while ago when I saw this thread first but then forgot about it. Did not recheck today, just went by the written text here... :hmmm:
    What focus peaking? :oops: