Alright, I'm finally joining the Fuji bandwagon.

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Clint, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    What's not to like? A real mirrorless rangefinder! A camera with dedicated dials for adjusting shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation. A 1/500 flash sync speed. Comes with an 80mm lens! A 0.7 macro capability. Aperture ring on the lens and even depth of field markings. It maybe a little large, but the image quality - wow!

Check it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    They're a fantastic camera, I've been sorely tempted several times and I'm absolutely positive you're going to be happy :) 

3. robcee

robcee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2016
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Rob Campbell
    I thought for sure you were going to be talking about the new X-pro 2 and had an, "it's not really a rangefinder" comment all ready in my head. It was going to be awesome.

But you have won this day! That looks like a pretty incredible camera. Post pics! :) 

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Medium format rangefinders are something special. That Fuji would be a lovely upgrade from my 60-year old Koni Omega at less than half the weight. But I wonder if I would get spoiled by having a built-in lightmeter. I'd need to have batteries in my camera! Batteries! How terrible would that be...

...but regardless, I'd much sooner buy a Fuji medium format than any of their X-Mount cameras.

5. robcee

robcee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2016
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Rob Campbell
    I fell down a B&H hole from that link. Ended up looking at the Linhofs. Yummy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    my friend went for the XT-1 while still keeping the E-M1
    he finds that he has so many lees keepers with the Fuji because of low light focusing difficulty with manual focus lenses
    I looked at his focus peeking and it's like chalk and cheese compared to Oly.
    No IBIS and more blurry results from camera shake.
    Yep, what's there not to like? :hide:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
  8. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    you are right: I didn't
    Actually I did a while ago when I saw this thread first but then forgot about it. Did not recheck today, just went by the written text here... :hmmm:
    What focus peaking? :oops: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.