Along the road in Bavaria

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for your comments!

Yes that are small pools for children. They are hanging there to dry in the wind. When I came along by my car I had to stop. For me it's a strange look and I'm not sure what to think about. But the roman-catholics in Bavaria are quite pragmatic. Twenty kilometer away the very famous Oberammergau "Passion Play" took place.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've been to Oberammergau, though not for the play. Spent a couple of nights there. Nice place.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Strange why anyone would do that

(my daughter is in Munich tomorrow - maybe I should ask her to ask them!!)

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
it is even more strange in that it is not "public" i.e. it is in someone private garden

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
In some parts of the USA, it's quite common to see people who have various religious icons of all different sorts on the private property. And now with Halloween coming, which is a big marketing event here, one can see some real juxtapositions!

P.S. Bernd, you know, I rather like seeing this in context and in color.

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Near Oberammergau Bavaria

Yes Bill, directly beside the sidewalk of this open road.

If it's ok I would recommend to delete this post. It might upset people and this shouldn't happen. There are so much pics from me and others, so BB take your keyboard/mouse and.....
Thanks!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Bernd there is not any reason to delete the thread. Your photograph, the image is what you saw and reacted to. I'll just edit the title to comply with the site's guidelines.

We have a number of threads that show the insides of religious institutions, as well as graveyards, etc., so please don't worry. We just need to fix the title - which I have now done, thanks to your agreement.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't object to it - I just don't understand it - particularly if the guy who owns the house/garden did it - or left it there if someone else did it

- has it any significance as far as any "alternative" passion play is concerned - is there some kind of "modern take" on a subject?

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
...If it's ok I would recommend to delete this post. It might upset people and this shouldn't happen. ...
Nooooo!
It's a great picture : the black&white is so interesting, and takes a minute to figure out what we're seeing.
I can't imagine it upsetting anyone who isn't going out of their way to become upset : and such folk are worthless.

dulaney22

Mu-43 Regular
I thought photographers were supposed to take pictures that made you think. Why is there even a hint of deleting it? Yes, it catches you off guard at first glance, but there's nothing offensive about the photo itself. As BB said, somebody was just being pragmatic. It's certainly ironic that someone with such in their yard would do that, but capturing a picture of it and posting to a website is nothing to fret over.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Don't worry, it's not going away. You're right - photographs should make you think. Sometimes the thoughts are - "Oh, gosh that's so beautiful!" and other times it's "What?!?" or much more profound thoughts, one hopes, as well.:wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom