1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Almost refurbished E-M5 back from Olympus Repair

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Lawrence A., Oct 30, 2015.

1. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I know there are always issues with repair facilities, and they often get more press than the success stories. So I thought I'd tell the tale of a satisfied customer.

About 10 days ago, I sent my E-M5 in to have the mode dial repaired. It was one of the first units shipped, and has gotten a lot of use, so I wasn't down on the camera, which I love, because it needed some work.

It came back today in tip-top shape. Of course a cleaning in and out was performed, and all the functions were tested and recalibrated to factory specs. I thought they might fix the little cracks cause by the screws on the LCD frame, something I never bothered to send it in for, but was pleasantly surprised to get a brand new LCD cover with no scratches. They also replaced the entire top cover (the E-M5 logo still had blue tape on it) and the metal bottom.

Maybe this is par for the course, but it's a lot more than I expected, and I feel that I pretty much have a refurbished body back for my $165, money well spent, I think. I'll be taking it confidently to Laos in December.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Great to hear of good service! Thanks for sharing!

3. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Where did you send your camera? Just curious. :)

4. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Olympus Service Center in Enfield, CT. I printed out the order online (http://www.oiaservice.com), pre-paid and sent it off. It went quickly and smoothly for me.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    That's Precision Camera to be precise; they handle most of the US service for Oly.

Barry

6. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks! I had that on a piece of paper somewhere and neglected to mention it.