1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Almost refurbished E-M5 back from Olympus Repair

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Lawrence A., Oct 30, 2015.

1. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I know there are always issues with repair facilities, and they often get more press than the success stories. So I thought I'd tell the tale of a satisfied customer.

About 10 days ago, I sent my E-M5 in to have the mode dial repaired. It was one of the first units shipped, and has gotten a lot of use, so I wasn't down on the camera, which I love, because it needed some work.

It came back today in tip-top shape. Of course a cleaning in and out was performed, and all the functions were tested and recalibrated to factory specs. I thought they might fix the little cracks cause by the screws on the LCD frame, something I never bothered to send it in for, but was pleasantly surprised to get a brand new LCD cover with no scratches. They also replaced the entire top cover (the E-M5 logo still had blue tape on it) and the metal bottom.

Maybe this is par for the course, but it's a lot more than I expected, and I feel that I pretty much have a refurbished body back for my $165, money well spent, I think. I'll be taking it confidently to Laos in December.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Great to hear of good service! Thanks for sharing!

3. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Where did you send your camera? Just curious. :) 

4. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Olympus Service Center in Enfield, CT. I printed out the order online (http://www.oiaservice.com), pre-paid and sent it off. It went quickly and smoothly for me.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    That's Precision Camera to be precise; they handle most of the US service for Oly.

Barry

6. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks! I had that on a piece of paper somewhere and neglected to mention it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.