All your bags?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by andix, Mar 14, 2014.

1. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Is there a thread where people list ALL their bags? I was reading 2mnycars' confession and since I buy at least 2-3 bags / year myself, I was wondering if we should list & compare, just to gauge the addiction levels. I'll start with my list, feel free to add or point me to the right thread.

Dedicated camera bags:
    - BlackRapid Snapr 35
    - Tenba Messenger (Camera Bag) Small
    - ThinkTank Urban Disguise 40
    - Crumpler Local Identity Large + Haven L
    - Lowepro Passport v.1
    - Lowepro Runner 200 v.1 (cca. 2004, non-AW)
    - Lowepro Pro Roller x300 AW

Adapted (regular bags with ICUs):
    - 5.11 Triab 18
    - Maxpedition Colossus
    - Maxpedition Monsoon
    - PacSafe 300 GII

Sold bags:
    - Lowepro Versapack 200
    - Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW (cca. 2004)
    - Jobo (cca. 2004, before dissolving into Matin) - very similar to Stealth Reporter
    - Tamrac Evolution 6
    - Tamrac Cyber Pro roller case
    - Tamrac Expedition 5 (cca. 2004)
    - ThinkTank Retrospective 30

I'll edit if I'm missing anything.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've got a bunch in the closet, but my main bags that see use are a Tamrac Aria 6, Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home, and a very small Crumpler knockoff.

The Aria 6 sees the most use by far - it's just about perfect for my needs. Probably should do a review of this bag...

• Like Like x 1
  3. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Since switching from DSLRs to micro four thirds I have ditched all my camera bags and now I just use a normal timbuk2 while I am cycling or a J. Crew messenger bag when I am not on my bike(has two nice front pockets where I stash my E-P3 w/ Oly 17mm 1.8 lens and my Oly 45mm 1.8 in the other front pocket.) I have been looking into a Chrome Niko camera bag tho.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I've pared down since the M4/3 move, but still have a few in the cabinet. The only one that really gets used (for daily shoots, not for air transport) is the Domke F3-X. I really need to unload the ThinkTank holster - it's designed for a D300 (or similar) Nikon with grip and 70-200mm f/2.8 lens; something I'm not likely to revisit in this lifetime.

Domke F3-X - I really like this one! :2thumbs:
    Lowe Pro Adventure 140 - Very small, holds an E-PL1 with an additional lens.
    Lowe Pro Nova 5 AW - Large, but took it to Alaska in inclement weather, got snow covered on a glacier without drama, good for air transport.
    Lowe Pro Sling Bag 300 - A hold over from the Nikon gear; too large, too bulky, and it needs to find a new owner.
    Olympus OEM Bag (no model number on it) - I've a review on this bag on the forum, and not a good one, either.
    ThinkTank Holster - Once used to carry a grandson's goldfish (in a plastic bag full of water) around the state fair for a day. Needs a new owner (the bag, not the fish). Nikon days are done for me.
    Edit: I forgot I have a Tenba Messenger Bag; used with my old D70S and then turned into a briefcase...now I'm retired and so is the Tenba :biggrin:

Realistically the Domke and the Lowe Pro Nova 5 are the only ones that get used, and the Nova 5 only on major trips (lots of padding, lots of pockets, quite weatherproof).

Maybe we should set up a "lending library" for bags...or some sort of 12 step program... :biggrin:

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 2
  5. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Yes please :)

6. Heavy Doody

Heavy Doody Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    I buy a lot, but I'm also pretty good about selling them off. I've dumped 4 within the past month. Down to only these:

Timbuk2 Small Messenger w/ insert
    Timbuk2 Command Laptop TSA
    Niko Chrome
    Domke F-10
    Lowepro Flipside Sport
    Lowepro Slingshot AW

Just those for cameras and lenses, but I have a few others that I uses for flashes, triggers, etc.

7. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Regular

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    Finally I can point to someone and tell my wife that I dont have a bag problem :rolleyes:

I have three or four but more recently my wife bought me the Ona Bowery leather bag. Just right for the GX7 with a lens mounted and room for a couple of more lenses while looking very stylish... she likes me to look stylish :smile:

8. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Just like with my camera gear, I really cut down my bag collection last year.

Currently:
    - Lowepro Passport Sling (EDC)
    - Think Tank Digital Holster 10 V2.0
    - Casepro Sling (Lowepro slingshot knockoff)

This was the gang late last year:
    trZBBWZ.

And it was probably close to double that the year before. To be honest I'm a little scared at the thought of what the list might look like if I listed every single camera bag I've ever owned :tongue:

9. mjw

mjw Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Matt
    How are you liking the Bowery? I've been considering it as well to carry an e-m5, a couple of primes and maybe my fl-600r.

10. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    So far, three Billinghams and planning to get two ONA Bowery bags (leather cognac and canvas black).

DSCF05171.

• Like Like x 3
  11. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Pelican 1510 roller with divider set. Absolute must for travel.
    Jill-e Jack Medium. Large enough for my two systems. Blends in with regular luggage. Nice leather.
    Billingham Classic (old version). Great quality. The insert has long fallen apart and hard to find. The three sizes available today.. not sure which will fit. My main bag for many years.
    Domke F6 Ruggedwear. In retrospect, I would have preferred black canvas. The ruggedwear material doesn't seem as durable.
    Ona Bowery. Perfectly sized for a small camera and 1 -2 lenses. Quality is 1st rate...
    Golla shoulder bag specifically for the E-M5 with 12-35 and 35-100. Its taller than wider yet small. $15 buck clearance from Target that I couldn't pass up.

What's interesting is that despite a nice selection, the most used bag is a Fossil city bag with an insert from ebay. Although, the latest purchase of the Ona Bowery is probably passing it up.

12. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Regular

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    Michael
    It's a very nice bag, well built and just the right size for what you are describing. Here's a shot:

13329682063_42e2e4d141_b.

EM-5 with the 17mm f/1.8 mounted, 75mm in one pocket and the Panasonic LX7 in the center just to give you an idea of how it looks...

• Like Like x 3
  13. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    I have over thirty bags currently. A llwist might take some time. But I have.

4 Billinghams.
    4 Roller bags.
    A dozen backpacks.
    one Domke.
    Many LowePros.
    Two belt systems.

I also have a new bag on order. But it's a secret.

Gordon

14. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    We'd put the manufacturers out of business and as such they could stop putting new products on the market :)

It's funny... I started this thread and the day after our local camera store announced they started bringing in the Ona line. I'm currently debating which kidney do I need less.

15. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank

Thank you, Gordon. I have 8 bags, and was embarrassed to admit my addiction. I feel so much better after reading your post.

• Like Like x 1
  16. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Should go without saying in all these types of threads - PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN :tongue:

17. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Nonono, I specifically started the thread asking people to LIST their bags. Photos are optional. We can search for a particular model by name on Google or B&H - my intention was to see if I'm the only one compulsive collector or we should start a "Bags Anonymous" therapy group.

18. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Why not both?

19. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Both is ok. :) Just don't make it sound mandatory...

20. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Sure, I didn't mean it that way :)