1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

All this GX-7 discussion. . .

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by drd1135, Aug 14, 2013.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    . . . finally convinced me to get an E -M5. :tongue: I have a silver refurb on its way from Cameta. I am curious to try the 5 axes IBIS, but mostly I want to try a built in EVF. I just forget my reading glasses too often and want to have that diopter correction always in hand. Now I have to go find all those "how to set up your OM-D" threads I've been ignoring.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    All this GX7 discussion and it still hasn't even put a dent in all the OM-D discussion that's transpired.. :wink:

3. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    That 5 axis is amazing. Made me ditch my FF nikon gear and fully invest in m43. The size and quality of photos are perfect for an enthusiast like me and even some pros.

4. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oh man, Steve! You're in for a REAL treat! Woo-HOO!

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    When the GX7 and new OM-D body come out, I bet by Christmas the E-M5 will be the body to get in terms of value and performance. Used prices are already hovering around $600, sub-$500 will be a treat!

6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I hope so. It was all the talk about built in EVFs and IBIS that got me. I realized that I was trying to talk myself out of something so I'd better try it. If I really like it, I may just sell the E-PL5. I really like the PL5, but shaky hands and old man eyes may have done it in. Of course, the silver em5 reminds me of my old Pentax MX, one of my favorite cameras ever.

7. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    The Pentax MX...

I used a Pentax MX for many years after selling off my medium format gear. What a wonderful camera to hold in your hand! I used the 50 f1.4 and the 40mm f2.8 pancake as well along with many other Pentax lenses.

Great memories!

Dan

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Yep. No grip or other ergonomic considerations. It just fit well in my hand. I'm hoping for a similar fit with the E-M5.

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Prices always go down after I buy something, so you're welcome :wink: