ALL Olympus cameras Workspace Color Profiles.....and few other comments....

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
It started with the Pen F with me. There has been a number of discussions on the Pen F and how to create color profiles. I hate to be negative towards Olympus but the Pen F is a frustration for me. How much I like the camera as much does Olympus frustrate me. Why did they stop halfway? They started a great thing with the Pen F just to stop halfway. Example is the color profile function. In WorkSpace one can adjust saturation, Luminance and Hue (like in PS or LR and others) On the Pen F one can only access saturation with the color creator. That means when I create a profile in Workspace I cannot get it uploaded to the Pen F. And its at this point I loose interest and go back to Photoshop to go create my profiles in Photoshop. Olympus we need an update for the Pen F please....

Next I tried the "use the camera CPU" to edit RAW files. It works. But why? What do I gain? Does it mean my EM1 II Olympus colors are in the final jpeg? Other than that, no real increase in speed, Workspace is already fast....

Then finally I created a Kodak Porta 400 profile. As you probably know, Portra is currently the flavor of the month.... I am also working on the Portra 160 profile. Below you will find all the adjustments you need to enter the Portra profile into WorkSpace. My advice is open a jpeg image when you enter these values. Save it as a preset/profile and then you can apply it to any jpeg file in Workspace...

The next option is to apply the profile on a raw file in WS. Then save the profile as a batch processing file by selecting only the highlight/shadow and adjust color settings. Saving only these settings means you only saved the "Portra Profile". Whenever you then open a raw file you can correct WB and other standard settings you always do like crop, keystone or whatever and then apply the Portra Profile...

I love to get your feedback on this profile....

Portra-Profile.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
I tried a new profile.... o_O
  • As you probably know the Pen F and the EM1 II has the same ability to accept profiles on raw files. I am not sure if the EM1X can also do?
  • ALL Olympus cameras will accept a color profile when applied on the jpeg file.... I tried several, even a Panny G9 jpeg file and it worked.
In this case we talking about a KodakChrome 25 color profile designed to be applied on a jpeg file. What you ideally need to do is open a raw file in WS, then use the WB pen to "correct" the white balance. Export the file to a jpeg and apply the color profile in WS on the exported jpeg file.

The profile is here. Download it and save it in your "profiles" folder. In WS you will apply the downloaded profile, see the image below.... Select "Load Batch Processing File" and in the next window open the downloaded KodakChrome 25 profile and apply it.

Now you can added a slight curves contrast to complete the profile. If you like to tweak the profile apply your changes and save your "personalized file by saving a "Batch Processing file" in your profiles folder. You can then apply it on any other jpeg image

Load a color profile1.jpg

Last edited:

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
So I tried a new profile today. Inspired by a video Rob Trek made I used my variable ND filter with my Pen F with 12-50mm lens. On my photowalk this afternoon I set the camera to jpeg and ISO1600 with no noise reduction. I would have liked a little more noise, next time I will try ISO2500 or 3200. The profile was developed with WS and is a copy of the Fuji Neopan 1600 film simulation. This is a jpeg profile and can therefore be used with any OMD or Pen....

I added a link to a .oes file in my above post. Testing it I noticed Google add .html to the file and I guess change the file format. The result is one cannot use it. If anyone can help me fixing this it will be great...

_C180060.jpg

_C180042.jpg

_C180091.jpg

_C180071.jpg

_C180080.jpg

_C180087.jpg

_C180083.jpg

Last edited:

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
For those interested to try your own profile, try this. Both files are srgb. Download them and open them in Workspace, using the "Compare Multiple Images window". The "Master" image is neutral and it has numbers on it. The other image is the Fuji Astia 100 film profile you like to copy. Open both images and set the master as the active one, ....in other words any adjustments will impact the master only. Each number on the master correspond with the same number on the color profile function. Each color (number) adjust only that color (number) on the master. Use the saturation, hue and luminance options to adjust the master so all the colors look like the Fuji profile. Safe the adjusted master profile as a batch file (oes) and that will now be you color profile...... Reset the master so you can use it again.

You can also use curves to do final adjustments....

Master-w-WS-Overlay.jpg

Fuji-Astia-100F.jpg

Here an example of the profile applied to an image.....

Original:

Original-web.jpg

With the Fuji profile applied.....

Fuji-Astia-Applied-web.jpg

Last edited:

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
Here another example of the Fuji Astia 100...... The changes are subtle but interesting.

Fuji-Astia-Compare-AB.jpg

christiancamilo100

New to Mu-43
where did you got this color chart?
i m looking for the color chart of the Nikon d700!

For those interested to try your own profile, try this. Both files are srgb. Download them and open them in Workspace, using the "Compare Multiple Images window". The "Master" image is neutral and it has numbers on it. The other image is the Fuji Astia 100 film profile you like to copy. Open both images and set the master as the active one, ....in other words any adjustments will impact the master only. Each number on the master correspond with the same number on the color profile function. Each color (number) adjust only that color (number) on the master. Use the saturation, hue and luminance options to adjust the master so all the colors look like the Fuji profile. Safe the adjusted master profile as a batch file (oes) and that will now be you color profile...... Reset the master so you can use it again.

You can also use curves to do final adjustments....

View attachment 791751

View attachment 791752

Here an example of the profile applied to an image.....

Original:

View attachment 791757

With the Fuji profile applied.....

View attachment 791758

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
where did you got this color chart?
i m looking for the color chart of the Nikon d700!

Hi Christian

I bought a case with a complete Spyder kit secondhand and this color checker was part of it. See the brand info on the images. (Datacolor & Spyder Checkr)

Another poster mentioned this color checker is not 100% accurate, check on that pls. I have been watching videos on exposure meters and the presenter has been using an interesting color checker. See this link for info

Best

Siegfried

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom