Aligning personal passions and work

Mountain_Man_79

Brannigan’s Law is like Brannigan’s love
Real Name
Chris
So I count myself a little lucky, as I recently got a little bit of a promotion at work (moved into a larger category). I work at the corporate level for a major retailer, and had worked in an audio related category. I would work with vendors, set up trainings and events, created material as needed, and so on.

Now, I have the fortune of doing that for the digital imaging category; cameras, camcorders, etc. It’s much different than my last category, so much as in the extent to which the vendors are involved (especially Sony). But I’m excited, as I have weekly and quartely meetings with Sony, bi-weekly (fortnightly) meetings with Canon and Nikon, and so on. I’ll also work with Panasonic and Fuji. Not sure how much OMD will be playing a role honestly, but I’ll find out.

I’ll also be privy to deeper discounts on gear than I already currently am (the last thing I need!), and privy to interesting things coming down the road. For instance, I learned yesterday of Sony’s announcement that occurred today. I also learned Sony USA is kept in the dark until the day of...the Japanese headquarters plays their cards close - not sure how a Sony rumors site exists unless it’s full of internal leaks. On the flip side, I learned today that Panasonic is launching a new camera in January of next year. One vendor gives a days notice, while the other gives 6 months! We’ve also got a top secret DJI release coming shortly for those that like the drone/gimbal stuff.

Now I like my job (enough to want to keep it), so I doubt I’ll be taking a chance and releasing confidential info on an internet forum. I just wanted to share how excited I am in my new role and that I get to bring together what’s obviously a personal passion and my career. Yay!

Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Congratulations Chris.
I've always thought it (would have been) wonderful to be employed in a job you enjoy.
And even more so for you now that it's aligned more to your interest.
All the best. :th_salute:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
That's awesome, Chris. Congratulations!

Hmmm...major retailer with an HQ in MN...I wish you could be more specific so that we could really hit the bullseye on which retailer we should keep our eyes on. ;)

- K

Mountain_Man_79

Brannigan’s Law is like Brannigan’s love
Real Name
Chris
That's awesome, Chris. Congratulations!

Hmmm...major retailer with an HQ in MN...I wish you could be more specific so that we could really hit the bullseye on which retailer we should keep our eyes on. ;)

- K
Hey, there are actually a couple based up here!

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Awesome, Chris, congrats! Now DM me the deets of the new Lumix camera, wink wink nudge nudge...

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Congrats - too bad you had to move.

See if you can get them to pick up Leica...

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
So I count myself a little lucky, as I recently got a little bit of a promotion at work (moved into a larger category). I work at the corporate level for a major retailer, and had worked in an audio related category. I would work with vendors, set up trainings and events, created material as needed, and so on.

Now, I have the fortune of doing that for the digital imaging category; cameras, camcorders, etc. It’s much different than my last category, so much as in the extent to which the vendors are involved (especially Sony). But I’m excited, as I have weekly and quartely meetings with Sony, bi-weekly (fortnightly) meetings with Canon and Nikon, and so on. I’ll also work with Panasonic and Fuji. Not sure how much OMD will be playing a role honestly, but I’ll find out.

I’ll also be privy to deeper discounts on gear than I already currently am (the last thing I need!), and privy to interesting things coming down the road. For instance, I learned yesterday of Sony’s announcement that occurred today. I also learned Sony USA is kept in the dark until the day of...the Japanese headquarters plays their cards close - not sure how a Sony rumors site exists unless it’s full of internal leaks. On the flip side, I learned today that Panasonic is launching a new camera in January of next year. One vendor gives a days notice, while the other gives 6 months! We’ve also got a top secret DJI release coming shortly for those that like the drone/gimbal stuff.

Now I like my job (enough to want to keep it), so I doubt I’ll be taking a chance and releasing confidential info on an internet forum. I just wanted to share how excited I am in my new role and that I get to bring together what’s obviously a personal passion and my career. Yay!
Congratulations, Chris for the promotion in a bigger role! Looks forward to hearing of any news you could share with the group.

Cheers!!!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom