Alien Skin Software/Experience?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by oldracer, Nov 22, 2015.

1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    I just saw a description of a not-yet-released Alien Skin product called Exposure 10. It looks like it could be a worthy competitor to LightRoom with the important added feature that multiple users can work simultaneously. Alien Skin Exposure X: a new nondestructive editing solution | Photo Rumors

Bearing in mind the the best software in the world is the stuff you have just bought but have not yet installed, I am wondering what people's experience with this vendor is. Good? Bad? Hearsay only?

I have been hoping for a LR replacement against the day that they go subscription-only, but the multiuser feature may be enough to make me jump sooner.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've been usign Alien Skin Exposure for a long time. It's one of my favorite applications, but it's not a raw developer. Looks like they are stepping into new and unchartered territory here. I'm looking forward to checking it out. They are a quality company.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    I use Alien Skin Exposure 7 as part of my workflow along with Lightroom 6. I love it and looking forward to the upgrade.
  4. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I too use Exposure 7 as well as LR6. As Amin said, their RAW developing isn't up to what Adobe has with LR, but they just started doing RAW editing in Exposure 7. I'll definitely be checking out Exposure 10 to see what it can offer, as Alien Skin is a quality company to deal with.
  5. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    Alien Skin, what poor choice of name! Makes me think of over the top HDR and "art" filters. Perhaps I should avert my eyes and give it a try...
  6. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I agree, it's a terrible name, but their products are actually very good.