Alicia Keys at Newcastle (UK)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by m1pui, May 20, 2013.

1. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Managed to "smuggle" my GX-1, 20mm & 45mm into the concert via my hoody pocket :smile: Didn't even raise a glance from the security guys.

Seated on the floor level, Block B, Row F (so perhaps 20 or so rows back? I didn't look to see how many letter-rows each block had.

All of these were taken handheld (either sitting & held at arms length or standing) with the 45mm/f2.8 and most, if not all have been cropped in a little bit. Only took a few as I wanted to enjoy the show and equally didn't want to be like one of those *ahem* jockeys that sits videoing and/or snapping the whole performance on their phones to watch later :dash2:

Alicia Keys 02 by puihungma, on Flickr

Alicia Keys 03 by puihungma, on Flickr

Alicia Keys 04 by puihungma, on Flickr

Alicia Keys 05 by puihungma, on Flickr

Alicia Keys 06 by puihungma, on Flickr

Alicia Keys 08 by puihungma, on Flickr
  2. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Nice series. 1 and 2 stand out to me.
  3. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    #2 is just awesome! Great set, thanks for sharing :)
  4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    1,2, and 6 really stand out for me, but they're just the best of a really good set.
  5. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    IMO, all are very nicely done, simple and well composed.
    I think #2 stands out as a portfolio shot.
    These are far above the usual 'concert set'.
  6. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Very nice. I also like the first two the best, probably because of the lighting...
  7. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Thanks, everyone, for the kind words :)

I wasn't sure about #1 when I first looked over it. I liked it, but just think I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get it from a slightly higher (level with the subject) perspective, rather than looking up to the action. But then if I did manage that, I'd probably have said it looked flat and boring :lol:.

I really like #2 but I think my personal favourite is #4. The text/graphics on the stage were all projected onto the backdrop curtain, rather than a painted/printed stage prop, and I loved the way it framed around her piano in the bottom right corner. I think it worked great in B&W

It also helped me massively that she's not the type of artist to be diving all over the stage!