1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Alex, I'll take a "B" for "-MW ON THE STREET"

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by roverT, Jan 5, 2012.

1. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Since there was another thread about BMW, I thought I'd make one with my pictures from a new to me, GF2 with the kit zoom lens. I sure would like a speedier 1.7 lens soon as I'm so used to using a P&S with a 2.0 lens on it. But I am learning how to exploit this 14-42 lens as every lens has it's sweet spot that needs to be found which is different for every user/picture type. Here goes!

So I woke up to a permafrost morning…LOL. Good O' Canada! Thought I'd put some warmies on and go snap some pics of the beautiful art that Mother Nature provides us northern coldies.

1:
    [​IMG]

2: That's the place I get my car maintained and modified:
    [​IMG]

3: Winter paint code: frozen black…
    [​IMG]

4: Frozen tears…
    [​IMG]

5: The frozen glamour shot:
    [​IMG]

6: Mother Nature coming out to defrost:
    [​IMG]

7: Man vs Nature:
    [​IMG]

8: Looks like another planet on the roof:
    [​IMG]

9: Closer:
    [​IMG]

10: Luckily the keychain was new that I got from an event I was invited to so I decided to record as a picture here:
    [​IMG]

I'll get some of the actual car up later....but for now enjoy and have a cup of hot chocolate!! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very nice Trevor. I can't see much of your car yet but judging from the slight sneak previews you've revealed here it looks good. Gee whiz it must be cold there! Feels kinda strange looking at these pictures because in QLD it is hot as. Measured 47 degrees celsius (116 F) on wednesday at one town. I need to sit under the sprinkler:smile:

The ice crystals in this picture look amazing aye. Looks good enough to eat, but I can only imagine what would happen if you stuck your tongue onto it. Envious of that awesome keyring.

Thanks for taking the time and showing us the pictures:thumb up:

-icon

3. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Thats... cool.

4. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thanks Icon. Sorry I was out of the country for the day but I'm back now! Yeah it those pictures are just a sampling of BMW stuff.... I don't have too many that I have taken with my GF2 but I will put those up first and maybe the ones I took with a Canon XTi kit zoom I borrowed in a later post. The GF2 was only 2 days old when i took the pics so learning how it handles was what I was aiming for....no extra lighting..just ambient and raw! This is when I used the GF2 for JPG only...now i have learned to take advantage of raw so I hope to one day find time to play with the cam more.

The following pics are taken in winter wheel mode so that nothing ill happens to the vehicle, the occupants, and others in the cold temperatures us Vancouverites must endure. LOL. Winter wheels are great because you don't have to worry about cleaning the brake dust from the wheels in freezing weather!!

11. Taking 1st place at 6am:
    [​IMG]

12. Olympic Rings + Roundel + Wheel + Tire = this theme:
    [​IMG]

13. Model pride (for those who know)...
    [​IMG]

14. This way out:
    [​IMG]

15. Designated parking?
    [​IMG]

16. Poker face:
    [​IMG]

17. Yellow, yellow, and yellow:
    [​IMG]

18. Design:
    [​IMG]

19. Wishing the GF2 had an articulating LCD:
    [​IMG]

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    5 and 6 are my faves of the frozen bunch. Nice work.