Album Teaser Video; Hacked GH2 x C-Mount

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by powderbanks, Apr 29, 2013.

1. powderbanks

powderbanks Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    I shot this for a local band/my friends, Zack Mexico. I did a music video for them about a year ago, and we are currently working on a new one. This was just something fun that I threw together rather quickly since they have a new album coming out this summer.

Shot all with a cheapo eBay CCTV 25mm/1.4 C-Mount lens. ISO 3200. Shutter speed, 1/40. Aperture varied, but mostly wide open. GH2 with Driftwood's Moon Trial 5 patch. Audio is from the show, recorded with a Tascam dr07 mkII.

If you have epilepsy or sensitivity to flashing lights, you may want to pass...

[ame=http://vimeo.com/64729651]Zack Mexico: New Album Summer '13 TEASER on Vimeo[/ame]

2. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    Thanks for the video.

The sound came out great. The moving/flashing lights, smoke machine and the flare from the lens makes a pretty image.

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nicely done. The c-mount lens worked for the artsy effect. The only thing that I would change is making the text at the end a little easier to read.

4. powderbanks

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    ^ I thought the same thing about the text, but I got tired of messing around with it. I showed the guys and they didn't mind, so I left it as it was. Thanks for the comments

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would try adding a slight outer glow in a white or a very light color to the text. If it is very small and say 66% opacity I bet it would help make the text far more readable without detracting. I like the font however, what is it?

6. powderbanks

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    Thanks for the tip. The font is 'Blake,' I got it from dafont.com

7. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    OUTSTANDING! Really nice work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.