1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Album Teaser Video; Hacked GH2 x C-Mount

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by powderbanks, Apr 29, 2013.

1. powderbanks

powderbanks Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    I shot this for a local band/my friends, Zack Mexico. I did a music video for them about a year ago, and we are currently working on a new one. This was just something fun that I threw together rather quickly since they have a new album coming out this summer.

Shot all with a cheapo eBay CCTV 25mm/1.4 C-Mount lens. ISO 3200. Shutter speed, 1/40. Aperture varied, but mostly wide open. GH2 with Driftwood's Moon Trial 5 patch. Audio is from the show, recorded with a Tascam dr07 mkII.

If you have epilepsy or sensitivity to flashing lights, you may want to pass...

[ame=http://vimeo.com/64729651]Zack Mexico: New Album Summer '13 TEASER on Vimeo[/ame]

2. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    Thanks for the video.

The sound came out great. The moving/flashing lights, smoke machine and the flare from the lens makes a pretty image.

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nicely done. The c-mount lens worked for the artsy effect. The only thing that I would change is making the text at the end a little easier to read.

4. powderbanks

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    ^ I thought the same thing about the text, but I got tired of messing around with it. I showed the guys and they didn't mind, so I left it as it was. Thanks for the comments

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would try adding a slight outer glow in a white or a very light color to the text. If it is very small and say 66% opacity I bet it would help make the text far more readable without detracting. I like the font however, what is it?

6. powderbanks

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    Thanks for the tip. The font is 'Blake,' I got it from dafont.com

7. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    OUTSTANDING! Really nice work.