1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Albinar ADG 1:5.6 75-300mm Macro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by kidrussell, Nov 21, 2013.

1. kidrussell

kidrussell Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    Chagrin Falls, OH
    Chris
    Does anyone know anything about this lens? I have been looking for an adaptable superzoom, and I am wondering if this fits the bill. It is packaged with a Minolta X-370.

This would effectively provide 150mm-600mm with my EPL-1, correct? I have never used an adapted lens, so any advice on how to find the correct adapter, and any shooting tips for a MF superzoom would be greatly appreciated.

2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    When I used to browse the Goodwill auction website, I would see Albinar zooms all the time with asking bids of $5 and no interest. That's because most zooms from the film era are pretty mediocre by modern criteria. Albinar is probably typical. It's somewhat sad, when you consider the materials, worksmanship, and technology involved in manufacturing a zoom. However, very few old zooms work well.

Here is a typical MD-M43 adapter on ebay.

You will get 150-600 on the EPL1. Use magnify mode to focus. The image will shake so bad, you'll want to put it on a good tripod or on a suitable support (like a brick wall) to be able to focus.Shutter speed should be as high as possible. IS is not needed on a tripod, but you can set it for the few times you hand hold the lens.

You will likely need to run it thru a photo editor to adjust contrast. Old zooms like this will give you washed out, soft images at high power. Macro will be fun though.

If it doesn't cost too much, why not.

3. kidrussell

kidrussell Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    Chagrin Falls, OH
    Chris
    Thanks, Harry. Good information.