Aki-asahi skin for epl3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tryinginvain, May 8, 2012.

1. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    My epl3 is arriving tomorrow. I looked at one a while ago and I know I want something to help with the grip. Is this skin purely cosmetic or is the camera easier to grip with it? When I see pix people have a grip on top of the skin.

Thanks in advance,

Carson

2. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
    I don't know about the skin... but I have a Flipbac G4 grip on my E-PL3 and wouldn't be without it.

You can see it here: link

3. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    The E-PL3 has a very smooth finish. I didn't have any problems holding on to it before a got a skin for it. I always have a short strap on it to help keep from dropping it. I Covered a black body with a black skin and I think it looks very nice, if a somewhat stock look. Now the cameras without skins look naked to me.

So, in short, nice but probably not necessary.

4. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I got my epl3 yesterday! I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet other than mess around in the menus and enable the SCP.

I'm still on the fence about the grip/skin. I guess I just need to pick something and go with it. I like the look of the skin, but if I go with the franiec grip I don't want it. The flipbac g4 looks good too.

The franiec looks better but the material makes me think the g4 would be more functional. Has anyone tried both?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.