Aki-asahi skin for epl3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tryinginvain, May 8, 2012.

1. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    My epl3 is arriving tomorrow. I looked at one a while ago and I know I want something to help with the grip. Is this skin purely cosmetic or is the camera easier to grip with it? When I see pix people have a grip on top of the skin.

Thanks in advance,

2. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    I don't know about the skin... but I have a Flipbac G4 grip on my E-PL3 and wouldn't be without it.

You can see it here: link
  3. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    The E-PL3 has a very smooth finish. I didn't have any problems holding on to it before a got a skin for it. I always have a short strap on it to help keep from dropping it. I Covered a black body with a black skin and I think it looks very nice, if a somewhat stock look. Now the cameras without skins look naked to me.

So, in short, nice but probably not necessary.
  4. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I got my epl3 yesterday! I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet other than mess around in the menus and enable the SCP.

I'm still on the fence about the grip/skin. I guess I just need to pick something and go with it. I like the look of the skin, but if I go with the franiec grip I don't want it. The flipbac g4 looks good too.

The franiec looks better but the material makes me think the g4 would be more functional. Has anyone tried both?