Aki-Asahi skin for E-PL1

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
Got my E-PL1 yesterday and the first thing I did was put an Aki-Asahi skin on it. I'm really pleased with how it came out:smile: Hopefully these shots will give you an idea of how it looks. Please ignore the quality.......

DSCF4196.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF4198.JPG

DSCF4197.JPG

DSCF4199.JPG

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
They seem to be also accepting pre-orders now for the E-PL1 Snap Case.

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
looks great! thanks for sharing

Thanks, it grips really well now especially around the thumb area. If anyone is thinking about it, I can certainly recommend them. Easy to apply, easy to grip and looks good:cool:

tpitch14

Mu-43 Regular
Great to know... I'm definitely picking one up if I decide to go with the E-PL1. Love the shots in your gallery, btw. I assume they are all taken with the kit lens? Do you have any plans on adding anything additional?

akim_hobo

New to Mu-43
How was the turnaround for this? I've been waiting for my EP2 case to arrive for several weeks. I've tried emailing them several times, but have never received a response. Was your correspondence better?

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
Great to know... I'm definitely picking one up if I decide to go with the E-PL1. Love the shots in your gallery, btw. I assume they are all taken with the kit lens? Do you have any plans on adding anything additional?

Thanks for checking out my gallery!!! Yes, it is the kit lens (14-42). I'm really new to this having only used point and shoots before so I still have a lot to learn. Its great being a member of this forum as the more experienced users can offer lots of helpful and friendly advice to beginners like me.

I'm thinking about getting the Panasonic 20mm lens, but I also like the idea of using some older lenses. Japan has a lot of old camera and lens shops!!!

If you go with E-PL1, I'm sure you'll enjoy it:wink:

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
How was the turnaround for this? I've been waiting for my EP2 case to arrive for several weeks. I've tried emailing them several times, but have never received a response. Was your correspondence better?

I placed the order one evening a few weeks ago and the following morning got a conformation email. The skin arrived two days later (because I live in Japan).
I think I've read on his web-site that cases do take a couple of weeks to be made following the initial order as they are only made to order. I'm guessing but maybe the email will be sent once the item is ready to ship. Hope it arrives soon!!!

tpitch14

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for checking out my gallery!!! Yes, it is the kit lens (14-42). I'm really new to this having only used point and shoots before so I still have a lot to learn. Its great being a member of this forum as the more experienced users can offer lots of helpful and friendly advice to beginners like me.

I'm thinking about getting the Panasonic 20mm lens, but I also like the idea of using some older lenses. Japan has a lot of old camera and lens shops!!!

If you go with E-PL1, I'm sure you'll enjoy it:wink:

LOVE seeing that from a kit lens. And from a 'new' user to :43: :smile:. As I am upgrading from P&S myself, I'm really new to the scene too! This site is so friendly, I find myself coming back many times during the day... funny you mention the 20mm, I'll most likely be springing for one too :tongue:

Would love to get to visit Japan someday (have a close cousin who lives there currently)

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
The kit lens is fine for me at the moment. From what I've read most people complain about the build quality and cheapness of it, but I'm happy. Like I said I've only used P&S before so I have nothing to compare it against. My next lens probably will be the 20mm when I've saved enough. I need some sort of a case or bag before I get that though and the ones I'm looking at just now aren't that cheap!!!

Good look in getting to Japan. It's well worth it:wink:

jbart

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for posting your experiences. I really like the look of the "skin" especially on the back. I find the grip is very good on the E-PL1 but the thumb area gets kind of slippery or greasy. How did you make out with a case? I am using a very small lowe-pro pouch that is soft and is not realy for SLRs but holds my camera and spare batteries and a lens cloth. It also can go into my carrier bag or back pack easily.
Found a photo in basic black and it was very inexpensive.
18-2113-IMG1.jpeg

shinobi

Mu-43 Regular
Congrats :), it's a nice skin.

But in my heavy use of E-PL1, the Aki-Asahi skin wears out pretty fast, I had to replace it twice; but after the second time, I replaced it with real leather skin from Korea, and subsequently a Gariz half-case that stays on permanently (no need to remove to replace batteries/SDHC card).

Latest threads

Top Bottom