1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Aki-Asahi Leather Case for E-P2 (NOT the skin)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by noodlehaus, Mar 8, 2010.

1. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Just came in today, and I must say, it really looks nice on my E-P2. Here's a pic of it in action:

Took a total of 4 days from web order to here. You can see other colors/setups here:

Aki-Asahi Camera Cases

• Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Looks nice - have just ordered one myself.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

noodlehaus, what is the bottom of the case like? As in, is there a place to attach it to a tripod?

Thanks for posting this, too.

4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    @BBW - I don't have a case yet, but according to the website and photos, it's just a solid smooth bottom. There's no place for tripods.

@Noodlehaus - is that the smooth color leather or the hand dye leather? If it's the hand dyed, does it appear that the color might bleed off to the palm of your hands?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    @BBW yes, like Arman said, there's no tripod screw at the bottom, but that also makes it easy to remove the case if you need to mount it on a tripod

@Arman this is the hand dyed case, and nope, so far the color hasn't rubbed off onto my hands, and I've sweaty palms :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Cool I went for the Oly 1/2 case

for my E-P2 and quite pleased with it .. yours looks very nice.

Well worth it...:smile:

You get protection, I found the Oly neck strap plastic fittings would scratch the paint on the sides of the body :(
    The leather case protects the paint nicely as well as from wear knocks and tear .. keeps it as new.

7. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Also waiting on an Andy strap (Singapore version of Gordy's). Will post pics when this setup's complete.

8. f64

f64 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2010
    noodlehaus.....That's a nice looking case!
    How much weight does it add to the e-p2?

9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Just ordered a black one with white stiching. Will post some photos when I receive it.

10. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Can you provide a link - Google turns up a bewildering variety of not camera straps.

Update: Found them here I think. Can you confirm?

11. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Sorry missed the updates on this thread.

@f64 it's not really heavy or it doesn't really add weight noticeably to the setup. though the change in the handling is significant.

@bilzmale yup, that's the one!

12. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks nh - I actually visited Gordy's and liked what I saw better. The ability to use Paypal rather than a foreign bank transfer (with fees I suspect) swayed me. Will post pics when it all comes together.