1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Airshow pictures

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by ~tc~, Oct 29, 2010.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    For those who say CDAF ain't fast enough, I would beg to differ.

Still need to go through and weed through them some more, quite a few keepers though.

http://4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/3593

2. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    I shoot allot of aircraft, and cdaf is still not fast enough. I can get some shots with my epl-1, but no where near as good as my dslr. Especially with multi frame burst. But the other problem is the EVF refresh rate.

Now the GH2 does boast a dslr speed cdaf system. But the evf will hold it a bit back for action.

But shooting large aircraft is a bit easier. If you shoot the small prop plane with more zoom, it would have had allot of problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    I still prefer my dslr and film slr for this kind of work, but my G1 did okay too. :)

I shot this a few weeks ago at the Blue Angels Fleet Week Airshow in San Francisco.

Lumix G1, Lumix 45-200mm

orig.

--Warren

• Like Like x 1
  4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Oh, I missed some shots because the focus wouldn't lock, that's for sure, and an SLR probably wouldn't miss some of those, but there weren't many!

You know, I was looking through the pictures on the computer wondering why I didn't zoom in more for those pix. He was putting on such a show I just forgot I think!

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    tc....
    ya know ya can't do that kinda stuff with these cameras....your gonna get all the reviewers in an uproar....
    go for it.....looks good, thanks!

6. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    One from yesterday

just a flying visit to the supermarket to pick up some bread

[​IMG]