1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Airport

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by angloasturian, Jan 28, 2011.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Just back from spending Christmas in England and then the last two weeks in Fuerteventura charging up batteries for the rest of the winter. It's one of the Canary Islands and the nearest to Africa - 97km. Photos taken not long after sunrise while waiting for my flight to Madrid. The smearing on the lower half of the second is due to a rain streaked window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Pic #1
    The (relatively) modern plane and the grainy b/w don't go together IMHO.

Pic #2
    Nicely portrays the "freedom of flight"

3. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    On the other hand, that first pics looks like the ISO was set arguably high, but in black and white it gives it a gritty tone that I would assume looks more 'artistic' or presentable than the color version. Two good pictures.

Most anything 3200 and beyond with my camera ends up getting the B&W treatment.

4. angloasturian

ISO was 400 on both but I was using the 'Grainy B/W Art Filter'. I wanted high contrast and a grainy image because the windows were streaked with rain and quite dirty.

5. SamSam

SamSam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Interesting

Although I usually don't like pictures with "art" filters, pic one has an interesting beauty about it that I can't place my finger on but I really appreciate.
    I wonder what it would look like if you cropped the left so that the roof isn't there anymore.
    :bravo-009:

6. angloasturian

I did in fact make a crop to eliminate the roof on the left and it cleaned up the image a bit , but on uploading I inadvertently used an earlier image and it wasn't worth the hassle to try to remedy it.