Airplane trails

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pete_t, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pete_t

pete_t Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Here in the UK when our airspace was closed I didn't notice a great deal when outside - I'm not underneath a flightpath so the noise was minimal. But when they started flying again boy did I notice it, not from the noise but those wretched trails in the sky.
    I took this on Saturday 24th on Stanage Edge (GH1 + 14-140mm)

Attached Files:

2. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    There are conspiracy theorists who say those are a gov't program to pacify people. Google "chemtrails" some time you need to polish up your tinfoil hat.

I used to live in Wilts and would hear the Concorde fly over every evening. Despite being a tiny speck in the sky it would shake the house!

3. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    Shhhh.... ixnay on the ailstray/ourideflay!

The NWO watches us all, they [REDACTED] too, it's true I tell ya' ... You can see the video proof at [REDACTED]

-Gary

4. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Careful Gary - I've just joined the NorthWest group and was going to offer to organise a trip around Barton Airfield - but if everyone is so anti-aviation perhaps no-one will be interested :biggrin:

Nice shot by the way - I know that trigpoint!!

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    chemtrails are something to be concerned about and looked into , why is every move to examine unknown, poorly understood , and plain misrepresented phenomena seen as tin foil hat?,
    spend 10 hours of true research in the so called war on terror and you will quickly realize how much you have been delibrately misled by those in charge and their obedient yellow lapdogs the MS Media. treason is the only word....

look at the last 3 wars america started, and the civilian , military ,ecological , and budgetary debacle it was and is and of course MSM consider its a barely reported non subject ???
    but tiger woods sex life is ??? shhhhhesh!!!
    orwell spins in his grave .

6. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    pete that a spooky, almost surreal image, i love it

it reminds me of a real life deCherico painting

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Aye those things aren't a conspiracy at all. Got a brother who's a pilot. On a cold morning what is the cloud that come out of you're exhaust pipe on ya car? The kettle boiling?

Contrails (short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are artificial clouds that are the visible trails of condensed water vapour made by the exhaust of aircraft engines. As the hot exhaust gases cool in the surrounding air they may precipitate a cloud of microscopic water droplets. If the air is cold enough, this trail will comprise tiny ice crystals.
    The wingtip vortices which trail from the wingtips and wing flaps of aircraft are sometimes partly visible due to condensation in the cores of the vortices. Each vortex is a mass of spinning air and the air pressure at the centre of the vortex is very low. These wingtip vortices are not the same as contrails.
    Depending on atmospheric conditions, contrails may be visible for only a few seconds or minutes, or may persist for many hours.

Hope this helps.

This is a Quantas Trail over Manly Wharf Brisbane
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, they're an ugly pain Pete... I think I'd like to see the 'airflights for a couple of quid' removed. Can't see the environmental damage being worth the value of cheap flights to Europe.

Cheers

Brian

9. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    from wikipedia

In 2001, United States Congressman Dennis Kucinich introduced legislation that would have permanently prohibited the basing of weapons in space, and he listed chemtrails as one of a number of exotic weapons that would be banned.[23] Proponents have asserted that because explicit reference to chemtrails was entered by Congressman Kucinich into the congressional record, this constitutes official government acknowledgement of their existence.[19][24] But that bill received an unfavorable evaluation from the United States Department of Defense and died in committee,[25]

10. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    That's such a nice image......timeless....
    end of story......

11. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I saw this a few days ago

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. pete_t

pete_t Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    alans, really hoping the planes were travelling from right to left in that view!

13. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Youse are gonna make the Discovery Channel. Ya's got all them there trails from those UFO's I heard about.....