1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'Agfa Vista 100 Film'

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by RT_Panther, Apr 21, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    • Like Like x 1
  2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Nice pics !

What was the lens ? That first short has the background breaking up a bit in an odd way (doesn't look like very smooth bokeh)

I do like the Agfa colours - quite muted but it suits the pictures.

I'd be sorely tempted to do a 6x6 style square crop on the car bringing the chrome/headlights front and centre too.

3. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    Looks great. Where did you get the film?

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    phigmov,
    On the first shot, I used my Contax G1 - can't remember if it was the 90mm ƒ2.8 or the 45mm ƒ2.0 But I believe it was the 90....

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, I wanted a look that could easily be recognized as film (vice some Ektar stuff for example)

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Got it at the website below. It's techinically not original Agfa because if you decrypt the bar code, it's re-badged Ferrania film

-> Color Films - Photography

7. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    Ah, gotcha, thanks. I have a bunch of Lomography Color 400 film which I bought at deep discount which (supposedly?) is rebadged Ferrania as well. I loved how my first roll turned out, but seeing your results I should track down some of this 100 and put it in my daytime rangefinder. Thanks again!

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Interesting that you should say this because the 2nd was used with my Yashica Electro 35 GSN rangefinder :smile:

9. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    That's my rangefinder too, hah! Still getting used to the minimum focus distance and focusing paradigm though.

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  11. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    my gf loves this film and has it currently on her pen ee3 half frame, your pics look awesome and i cant wait for her to finish her roll so we can develop it! (half frame 72 exposures will take a while..) the colours look wonderful.

12. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012

The Agfa brand name is for sale very cheaply to anyone who wants to license it. Very few current "Agfa" products have any relationship with the original company other than sharing a brand name.

Ferrania films were always grainy. They were previously sold as GAF (3M) and under many other brands including supermarket and camera store own brands. They were known for cheapness and ubiquity rather than quality, although GAF 500 was a unique high speed colour slide film. You could almost count the grains, though.