Showcase Agfa Ambi Silette 90mm f/4 Color-Telinear

I've had my father's circa 1960 Agfa Ambi Silette camera for a few years now. The camera I am sure he purchased in Germany while stationed there around 1960. The only lenses he had are the 50mm f/2.8 Color-Solinar and the 130mm f/4 Color-Telinear. I cannot get the 50mm lens to resolve on a mft sensor. I do use the 130mm lens, mounted by way of a modified m42 adapter.

A couple weeks ago I saw an auction on shopgoodwill.com that included the Ambi Silette 90mm f/4 lens with a Minolta 135mm lens. I made a cursory bid, that I didn't really expect to win. I did win it. Now I have 3/4 of the lenses for the Ambi Silette.

Here are the first few test shots from the lens. Right now it is just slipped into some dumb extension tubes. I will have to find something a little more permanent eventually.

The results seem similar to the 130mm lens. They are not the sharpest of images, but they do give pretty good detail. They also have nice color. The minimum focus distance is really long. I am not sure why this is with the lenses.

Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
You say that the lens does not focus that close: how about mounting on a M42 helicoid do you can use that in addition to the lens' one.
I often do mount my adapted/refitted lenses on those helicoids also because makes focusing easier: the ring is right close to the camera

You say that the lens does not focus that close: how about mounting on a M42 helicoid do you can use that in addition to the lens' one.
I often do mount my adapted/refitted lenses on those helicoids also because makes focusing easier: the ring is right close to the camera
At some point I may try a helicoid. One thing I have done with the 130mm lens is add in a short tube. This gives me a little better working distance and some decent results.

Top Bottom