Aftermarket lens hood for Olympus 60mm Macro (LH-49)

Sootchucker

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all. Have just purchased the Olympus 60mm Macro for M43, and now want a lens hood for it. In the UK at least, the price for genuine Olympus one (LH-49), is an eye watering nearly £50 ($80). I guess the sliding mechanism has something to do with the cost, but I was wondering if anyone had purchased an after market hood cheaper and could share experiences with it please.

meekthabeast

Mu-43 Rookie
Yes, i have and use the JJC LH-J49. It slides just like the Olympus hood. It works very well and stays on the lens fine.

aznpapaya

Mu-43 Rookie
I just bought the Oly 60 and decided to buy the JJC hood lens to see how good it is as I did not want to spend $60 on a plastic hood. Overall the hood is actually pretty good and the sliding mechanism work as it should. It's a little "sticky" and required a little more effort to slide it in and out. People said that if you add a little lube the sliding should be a lot smoother. The stickyness can be a good/bad thing. I like it a little sticky because the hood wont collapse or slide out accidently when shooting. Plus how often will you be sliding the hood in a out?

mu43nik

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Nick
Thanks guys, I also have the JJC. I have been taking it off and reversing it. I didn't know about the slide action.
You learn something every day.

I also have a JJC for my 75mm, excellent value (comparitively)

ThereAndBackAgain

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
David
All my hoods are JJC. The metal hoods are excellent, the plastic ones far better than just adequate. My record for looking after lens hoods is not good and these items survive as well as any others I've used.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I ordered the JJC LH-J49 yesterday. Thanks for the tip. :2thumbs:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Thanks guys, I also have the JJC. I have been taking it off and reversing it. I didn't know about the slide action.
You learn something every day.

I also have a JJC for my 75mm, excellent value (comparitively)

Don't worry, your not the first to do that as I seen another say the same as you. :rolleyes: That's a bit like someone wearing the kilt for the first time without seeing someone else wear it, because there have been those that have worn that back to front too. :wink: :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom