Aftermarket lens hood for Olympus 60mm Macro (LH-49)

Sootchucker

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all. Have just purchased the Olympus 60mm Macro for M43, and now want a lens hood for it. In the UK at least, the price for genuine Olympus one (LH-49), is an eye watering nearly £50 ($80). I guess the sliding mechanism has something to do with the cost, but I was wondering if anyone had purchased an after market hood cheaper and could share experiences with it please.

meekthabeast

Mu-43 Rookie
Yes, i have and use the JJC LH-J49. It slides just like the Olympus hood. It works very well and stays on the lens fine.

aznpapaya

Mu-43 Rookie
I just bought the Oly 60 and decided to buy the JJC hood lens to see how good it is as I did not want to spend $60 on a plastic hood. Overall the hood is actually pretty good and the sliding mechanism work as it should. It's a little "sticky" and required a little more effort to slide it in and out. People said that if you add a little lube the sliding should be a lot smoother. The stickyness can be a good/bad thing. I like it a little sticky because the hood wont collapse or slide out accidently when shooting. Plus how often will you be sliding the hood in a out?

mu43nik

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Nick
Thanks guys, I also have the JJC. I have been taking it off and reversing it. I didn't know about the slide action.
You learn something every day.

I also have a JJC for my 75mm, excellent value (comparitively)

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Thanks guys, I also have the JJC. I have been taking it off and reversing it. I didn't know about the slide action.
You learn something every day.

I also have a JJC for my 75mm, excellent value (comparitively)

Don't worry, your not the first to do that as I seen another say the same as you. :rolleyes: That's a bit like someone wearing the kilt for the first time without seeing someone else wear it, because there have been those that have worn that back to front too. :wink: :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom