Aftermarket flash for EPL5

g_ngan

Mu-43 Rookie
hey guys, I have a yongnuo 468ii that i use with my canon 5diii. I tried mounting on my Epl5 but it's not working. I understand that there will be no ttl but it's not even flashing. Do I have to do anything in the setting menu?

The OEM flash that came with the camera mounts on the hotshoe as well as the accessory port. Is that the reason why my yongnuo is not working?

strumstrum

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Dave
I mainly use a FL36 but have a couple of Yongnuo's(460 & 462) just tried them both work fine.. have you put the flash on in the camera menu?

g_ngan

Mu-43 Rookie
Yes, I have. I put the flash in manual mode as well as flash on in the camera menu. I am sure the flash works because it's working on my 5DIII.

Dayam

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
I use the Nissin Di466 and find it enough for my needs. I got it used for less than $40. :)

BigMike

Mu-43 Regular
I had a similar problem with an aftermarket flash with my EM5, it wouldn't fire and it definitely was operational. After a while I realised I was actually pushing the flash too far into the hotshoe, thus the connector was not aligned. Double check the alignment, try pushing it in slowly and stop once you hear the alignment click. From memory, after I got the alignment correct, the flash fired no problems, there's nothing to set in camera to make the flash fire, as long as the alignment is correct.

Latest threads

Top Bottom