After the storm at Nanaimo River Estuary (Vancouver Island, Canada)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by LowriderS10, Mar 21, 2016.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    I love's like the meeting of two worlds. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where we have quite a few protected estuaries. A few weeks ago I headed out to the Nanaimo River Estuary to walk around and take pictures and was caught in a massive storm...thankfully, I decided to stick it out (rather than scurry back to the car), and the calm after the storm was so worth it!

[​IMG]After the Storm: Nanaimo River Estuary, Canada by Tamas, on Flickr
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  2. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    I lived briefly in Nanaimo but I wouldn't have recognized that. It looks (to me) more like New Brunswick / Fundy where I live now, than what I remember of Vancouver Island.
  3. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    You're very right...that's part of the reason I love estuaries! The scenery around here tends to be mostly rocky beaches or dense forests, both of which are beautiful. But...sometimes, a bit of change is nice, and estuaries give you a whole different kind of scenery, plants, animals, etc. :) Another great thing about this particular place is that not many people know about it, and I often have it all to myself...on the day I took this photo, I was out there for 3 hours and didn't see a single other person. :)