1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

After the storm at Nanaimo River Estuary (Vancouver Island, Canada)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by LowriderS10, Mar 21, 2016.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I love estuaries...it's like the meeting of two worlds. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where we have quite a few protected estuaries. A few weeks ago I headed out to the Nanaimo River Estuary to walk around and take pictures and was caught in a massive storm...thankfully, I decided to stick it out (rather than scurry back to the car), and the calm after the storm was so worth it!

25936940436_311921d3e2_b. After the Storm: Nanaimo River Estuary, Canada by Tamas, on Flickr

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  2. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    I lived briefly in Nanaimo but I wouldn't have recognized that. It looks (to me) more like New Brunswick / Fundy where I live now, than what I remember of Vancouver Island.

3. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    You're very right...that's part of the reason I love estuaries! The scenery around here tends to be mostly rocky beaches or dense forests, both of which are beautiful. But...sometimes, a bit of change is nice, and estuaries give you a whole different kind of scenery, plants, animals, etc. :) Another great thing about this particular place is that not many people know about it, and I often have it all to myself...on the day I took this photo, I was out there for 3 hours and didn't see a single other person. :)