After reading this forum today, and feeling incredibly depressed...

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
Well, then apologies for misreading. I'm lying awake sleep training my crying 9 month old at 4:30am, forgive me.
I feel your pain. My wife and I have a 6 month old, and we have been sleeping in seperate rooms since he was born. We alternate night duty so we each get a good night's sleep every other day.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The point isn't that my photos are brilliant, or that my camera is brilliant, or that there is no use case where my camera sucks.

It's that people have spent the whole day complaining about a camera they've never even touched instead of just going out and taking photos. So I did. People have spent the whole day telling everyone else how m43 is doomed, instead of taking photos. So I did.

Don't belittle my images, even if they're not to your standards. With respect, because you are a very talented photographer, all you seem to do on this forum these days is complain about a system you left six months ago and compare it negatively to your new system. I'm really just here to enjoy and share images with other photographers. So I did.
Your message would be way more powerful, to me at least, if you just went out and shot, then shared, without whining about how people are whining instead of shooting.

And for the record, I read ijm5012s post, at least the word "perched", sort of the same way you did. And I'm 13 years removed from a baby keeping me up at night.

masayoshi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Masaaki
Things look like whining but I understand, it is a big disappointment because the hype and expectation was so high. As a birder, I am still interested in renting and testing myself because some reviewers actually showed how C-AF works well for flying birds. Currently, I carry two bodies all the time, EM1.2+300mmF4 for reach/IQ and D500+300PF w TC for speed. If I can consolidate into one body, it's fantastic. In the meantime, we'll have a nice and cold day here tomorrow, so it should be a good birding (eagle watching) day. I recently feel watching bird is more important than photographing them. It just gives me some relaxation. If I'm lucky, I take pictures.;)

ddekadt

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your message would be way more powerful, to me at least, if you just went out and shot, then shared, without whining about how people are whining instead of shooting.

And for the record, I read ijm5012s post, at least the word "perched", sort of the same way you did. And I'm 13 years removed from a baby keeping me up at night.
I'm sorry you didn't find my message powerful. :p

In all seriousness though, the tone of the post was meant to amuse. The pictures themselves aren't anything particularly special, but I enjoyed taking them and sharing them.

Last edited:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The key here is that people now except the internet to tell them what is "the greatest" no matter is being discussed. Theory is great, but practical is the real test. But it's just like when magazines were the source of most information for hobbies/skills. You had to separate the wheat from the chaff. You can let those 2% of folks who have bad experiences or great experiences drive your feelings or you can experience life for yourself and make your own decisions. May of the folks here shoot great images with stuff that was said to be "very bad", read but make your own decisions on what is good for you. Too much fake opinion on most forums (this forum IMHO is better than most) to not do your own analysis - buy used and limit your risk. As your skills increase so will the performance level of your equipment in general IMHO. Now go into the world and image:)

Last edited:

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm sorry you didn't find my message powerful. :p

In all seriousness though, the tone of the post was meant to amuse. The pictures themselves aren't anything particularly special, but I enjoyed taking them and sharing them.
Sure, I got your tone, but I'm pretty sure you were trying to make a point. If not, well then I'm just confused.

Real Name
Mel
Well, I almost felt your pain but then I pulled up images from a card in the E-M1 that my wife used last night to shoot a fundraiser for an Art Institute. All with either the 40-150 2,8 Pro or the 12-40 2.8 Pro and even though they were inside at night without a flash at higher ISO, they were brilliant. She always shot professionally with Nikon FF and I asked her this morning if she had any regrets picking up the E=M1 and E-5ii for the assignment and she allowed as how she had none. She also shot a conference of the center against human trafficking during the day, again all without flash, and she used the same cameras and lenses and was very happy with the results. Throw in a photo session the day before with a very beautiful young lady from Germany as a fashion shot with the Olympus and with studio lights and she told me to go ahead and start selling the Nikon equipment.
Like you, I like used to try out before jumping into all the expense of new. I only can say that if someone gave me an Olympus OM D EMX, I would be overjoyed and would use it for as long as I could. Would I buy one, yep if I had the means and I suspect there might be one in my wife's future?

Everyone I have ever heard in this site has said. "It is the photographer,not the camera" Yet the most outstanding photographers,save some who have maintained a dignified silence, have unloaded their ire on supposed technological shortcomings. Is this sad or funny?

WT21

Super Moderator
I feel your pain. My wife and I have a 6 month old, and we have been sleeping in seperate rooms since he was born. We alternate night duty so we each get a good night's sleep every other day.
I don't know, and don't need to know, all your situations, but here's one bit I learned. My wife and I wanted to be "purists" with my wife nursing our first born. We waited far too long for solid food. We slept MUCH better once the oat meal (I think it was oatmeal, or rice meal or something - that was a long time ago) started.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Everyone I have ever heard in this site has said. "It is the photographer,not the camera" Yet the most outstanding photographers,save some who have maintained a dignified silence, have unloaded their ire on supposed technological shortcomings. Is this sad or funny?
Technology can help the same photographer get pictures he might have missed. It won’t make a terrible photographer better. The very presence of auto focus on cameras is the best example of photographic technology making a difference. If you like low light photography, then IBIS and low noise sensors are helpful.

Last edited:

ddekadt

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know, and don't need to know, all your situations, but here's one bit I learned. My wife and I wanted to be "purists" with my wife nursing our first born. We waited far too long for solid food. We slept MUCH better once the oat meal (I think it was oatmeal, or rice meal or something - that was a long time ago) started.
Thanks! We've been on solid food since 4 months (!), and it definitely helped a lot with sleeping. My baby is, after solid food and a few months of sleep training, in general not a bad sleeper (given the right conditions). The first 4 months were hell. But somehow last night was up repeatedly being unhappy. I wonder... could it have been displeasure with the E-M1X?! ;)

Jay_M

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well I had to walk outside and make sure my gear still works too, thanks for the reminder OP. I think I had my SS too low for BIF (bees in flight), still learning this stuff

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom