After Considering the Gx7 and OM10 as a mate to my EP5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, May 4, 2015.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I've started saving for an OMD 5 II. It will take another 5 months but after spending a day really looking, I think I can live with the video for stock and I know I can't live without the 5 IBIS for stills and video for my way of shooting. I really wanted to save a few bucks, but for me, IMHO, the OMD 5 II looks like the perfect match for my EP5. Size and good Video were key, and from what I've seen the video from the OMD 5 II is very decent. I'm really not ready for 4K yet. Perhaps a GX8 with 4K and 3 or 4 axis IBIS might change my mind but for now I'm saving my pennies for a E5 II (I only pay cash or I'd order it today).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    I just bought one last week. Truly a wonderful camera. I actually replaced my EM1 with it and for me, it's a better fit.

If I was in your shoes, I'd do the same and save for a few months more to get something I really wanted. The IBIS and EVF alone makes all the difference in the world.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.