Affinity Pro redux

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
I read through an old thread on "anyone using Affinity Pro?" but it has been a year and a half since the last post.

I am just wondering if there are any current users who would like to comment on its usefulness. For instance:
  • Ease of use
  • RAW processing for Panasonic and/or Olympus files
  • Satisfaction
  • Platform on which you are using it (Mac or Windows)
I am considering it as a low-cost alternative to DxO or something else that probably is beyond my needs.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think it’s amazing.
I need to get the book so I can start using it properly.
When I use it, I feel like a chimpanzee, or maybe a much lower life form...
I use it on a 2012 MacBook Pro. I use the term pro, lightly...
It’s incredible, wicked value. Get on the serif mailing list, check it out. Just do it.

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
For what it's worth I have been using Affinity Photo on my Mac for the last couple of years.
I find it quite easy to use and as all actions are non-destructible, it encourages experimentation, which helps to learn how to use it.
I only take jpegs, so can't comment on Raw.

Every photo I upload on to this forum has been tweaked somehow with Affinity.
Whether my results are a recommendation for Affinity is certainly open to interpretation. ;)

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Brian, have you tried 5 shot exposure bracketing, in RAW, then the HDR merge with Affinity? Simple stuff to do , results blew me away! If only I could figure out how to share to photos without the huge file size reduction....
I need that book...

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
@Bushboy, I confess I've never taken a Raw shot yet. :blush:

I bought the Affinity book last year, and quite frankly find it awful.
It's not really a step by step instructive book, although there are some projects to follow (from downloaded photos).
I lent it to a more experienced photo-processing friend (Affinity, Photoshop & Lightroom user) and he couldn't wait to give it back to me.
£40 not very well spent I'm afraid, so be warned.
If I've wanted to do anything totally different that I couldn't work out by trying, a quick google will find some helpful youtube videos.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom