Affinity Photo - 50% off

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
$24.99 I personally haven't ever seen it lower. Recommended.

Affinity-photo-sale.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

NoTan2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Does this have any rudimentary asset management? Or does it only let you open images from your file system?

I didn't see it in their features web page.
Not yet. It's been on their "todo" list for some time but has never been released.

A year or so ago, my backup software vendor offered a free copy of ACDSee Ultimate 10 if I upgraded the backup software. Ultimate 10 was already one version behind but it's DAM component works fine for me. (Not sure what photo editing has to do with backups but I didn't complain :))

A point to note is that (under Windows at least) Affinity is not very good at showing thumbnails of RAW image files. It just piggybacks on standard Windows functionality. If you are using at least Build 1903, you can install the Raw Image Extension and this fixes the problem.

ACDSee and most of the free DAM utilities that I've tried extract the thumbnail or the jpeg which are embedded in the .ORF.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does this have any rudimentary asset management?
As mentioned, not at this time. I use ACDSee (STD version or above) as the front-end/importer. Works well for me.

At $25, you can't really go wrong with AFP as a pixel editor.

ACDC-Affinity.jpg

Last edited:

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could even start by using free FastStone as the front-end browser (on Windows). Or FastRawViewer, etc.

Fast-AFP.jpg

Joe_B

Mu-43 Regular
A great time to try out Affinity Photo and any of Affinity by Serif's other apps completely free for three months...

Serif takes action to support creatives during COVID-19 pandemic
March 19th, 2020

Serif, developer of Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher, has today announced three measures aimed at helping students, photographers, designers, artists and other creatives affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic.

They are:
  • Use Affinity apps on Mac or Windows completely free for three months, with a new 90-day downloadable trial and no obligation to buy
  • A 50% discount for users who would rather buy and keep the apps, including iPad versions
  • A pledge to engage more than 100 freelance creatives for work, spending the equivalent of Serif’s annual commissioning budget in the next three months. More details of this will be announced soon.

Serif Managing Director Ashley Hewson says: “Unfortunately we are hearing many stories from the creative community about how they are being severely impacted by the effects of the pandemic.

“We know we can’t solve many of these problems, but hopefully these things will make life a little easier for people who rely on creative software to make a living but may be stuck at home without access to their usual tools, or for students who might suddenly be without access to their Affinity apps on their personal devices.

“By increasing our spend on commissioning work from creative freelancers we can also put some extra money into a part of the industry which will be particularly affected.”

The free trial will be available to download until 20 April. The 50% discount will end on the same date and applies to the full suite of Affinity apps.

For more details and to download the free trial, go to https://affinity.serif.com

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I purchased for iPad last night. Did some basic stuff. Pretty positive. Then I come back today and I can't get any results when trying to dodge or burn. Just doesn't work. Not with Apple pencil; not with finger. I re-set everything. N No help.

Any ideas from Affinity users? Or Anyone? Thanks.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom