AF timer with EP1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by crashwins, Nov 8, 2012.

1. crashwins

crashwins Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    Northampton, MA
    So if I set my timer to 12s to take a portrait shot of myself or something, how do I make the lens AF when I step into view? Is there a way to do this? Usually I just get a blurry image. Thanks
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Have you tried using C-AF?

If that doesn't. Work, all I can suggest is to pre-focus on something at the same distance, set the camera to mf, recompose and shoot.
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    S-AF and self timer always worked fine for me, but you might need it to do it differently, so try this ;

Set anti-shock to 10 seconds or whatever, focus on a dummy target at the right position, clip on my 'intervalometer' which is just a copper clip holding down the shutter button and stand in the right position while letting it take a further couple of frames.

Sorry can't be more help, but this method definitely works.

This was S-AF, wide open 17mm, self timer on a rock ;

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    When using the self-timer, I always manually focus the lens first. It's just the better way of doing it. You're using a self-timer, obviously you have the time to set it up right. :)

I liked it though when our Olympus system cameras were compatible with the InfraRed remote which also worked on the Oly point-and-shoots. That remote was really good for being able to make the camera AF when you want it to.