AF Canon EOS to m43 Adapter, is there one in making?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by absolutic, Nov 13, 2012.

1. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Read and saw a video of AF adapter from Canon EOS to NEX in September, and these are actively sold on ebay (examples

Techart Canon EOS EF EF s Lens to Sony NEX E Adapter AF Autofocus USM I s Work | eBay)

with full AF support, IS support, EXIF support, you name it. How come one for NEX is made, not for m43??? Is m43 market not ready for one???? I for one might pay over $200 to AF my excellent L lenses....
  2. Brodie337

Brodie337 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2012
    I think there might be one out there, but I can't find a link. Metabones or something like that?

Anyway, any adapter that supports AF will only focus incredibly slowly, as the lens is designed for phase detection AF (as in an SLR) as opposed to our contrast detection AF.
  3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    There's a couple out there, but way more expensive and no AF. The only AF capable adapter is the Metabones NEX adapter which looks like someone copied.

The main reason the NEX ones exist is because of demand from the NEX mount camcorders, they are quite a bit more popular than the Panasonic equiv.