AF Assist?

Rider

Mu-43 Regular
Just to make sure I'm not missing something, there is no AF assist lamp on the E-PL1 (or the other Pens), right?

Rider

Mu-43 Regular
Do you know whether an external flash can add this functionality?

briandforever

Mu-43 Regular
if seen the picture of fl-36r flash, it has infra red compartment in the front aboce the flash head. in nikon or canon flashes, they do af assits. but i tried my nikon flashes on e-pl1, the af assits doesnt work

shoturtle

the nikon flash on pen will act like a non dedicated flash. So none of the function besides trigger voltage is all the flash gets.

VooDoo64

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Davor Vojvoda
Lack of AF assistance is a very big mistake that is particularly felt when the focus is struggling in low light conditions ??

It is not clear to me that something so fundamental has been overlooked and that is not correct so far - it is already lacking in the E-P1 ??

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I ran up against this very issue last weekend with my E-PL1. It was very frustrating and made me wish I had brought my 40D instead.

As with all cameras, you have to learn their limitations. I won't use my Pen for low light shots again. To be fair, the light I was dealing with was REALLY low. In normal room light or even a bit dimmer than normal room light, it does just fine.

Latest threads

Top Bottom