1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

AF adapters for non m4/3>m4/3

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by rbelyell, Apr 23, 2015.

1. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
  2. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    No other adapters that I know of will provide the full functions of this one. This combined with an EF 100 f2.0 would be perfect for headshots (for me).

3. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    well, i know techart makes a contax G lens adapter that allows AF on sony mirrorless. i'm hoping for others!

4. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Nikon ones MIGHT follow but somehow I doubt it will be economic to design AF adapters for less common mounts. Shame as a PK AF one would be great for me.

There are 4/3 to µ4/3 AF adapters of course but presumably the communication requirements for the two systems is very similar. The newer system having been designed to make an AF adapter easy.

5. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    Of course, I'd expect any Nikon adapters to only support AF-S (or equivalent 3rd party) lenses. I doubt that anyone will build an adapter with a motor for the AF drive inside it. And Nikon is also harder than Canon, since the aperture on the Nikon lenses (except for a few very new lenses, which only work on recent bodies) is driven by a mechanical lever, so there needs to be an actuator for that built into the adapter.

6. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    Think about a focal reducer with AF.. that would be pretty interesting!

• Agree Agree x 1