1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Advise the manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mattr, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mattr

Mattr Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Matt Robinson
    After reading yet another set of posts and news articles about how camera sales are down/M43 is doomed/camera makers have got it wrong again etc. Is there space here for a dedicated "meet the maker" forum? A place where Olympus, Panasonic etc can openly communicate with us as a user group and vice versa? Clearly, we won't get details of IP on new models but an open forum on what's good, what's bad and what we'd like to see, I think would be great. I'm certain they do this covertly anyway by posting teasers and trawling our posts now. Why not ditch the facade and open the discussion and the thinking around product development? All we need to do is open the thread and start.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mu-43 mobile app

2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    That's a nice idea, but I can't think of a major Eastern electronics manufacturer that has that kind of customer face. Come to think of it, that's pretty rare regardless.

3. Mattr

Mattr Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Matt Robinson
    I'm sensing that they may be looking for alternative ways to engage. Most offer a comments section on their own websites so they kind of try. I'd say we would look quite appealing as an established user group. Also M43 was intended to be a sort of open sourced approach to camera and lens design, so the mindset should be there to a degree.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    All of the manufacturers have Facebook pages. They're much more likely to interact there than here. But how much of the feedback given there really makes its way back to product planners is impossible to know. And m43 isn't really an open standard. It's open ONLY to those that join the consortium, which I'm sure carries a fee.