1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Advise sought on Macro Lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by GShooter, May 18, 2012.

1. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

I am currently using Achromat screw in macro filter lenses (Sigma +1.6) on either a Panasonic 100-300 or Panasonic x45-175, and while the IQ is reasonable I would like it to be better. I am photographing Dragonflies and Butterflies and need a good working distance so as not to disturb them, the 100-300 is great for this. Can anybody suggest a true macro lens that I may be able to find second hand, I would think 100mm as a minimum. Also what would I require to mount the lens and also any drawbacks in using a non Panasonic lens.The lens would be mounted on a GH2. Thank you.

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi !

I can suggest the Micro-Nikkor 200/4 for this application. I'm using one both on tripod and handheld on my GH2, and very happy with it !

Here's a sample

sized_P1170217.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.