Advise and Oly config for video?

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by pix530, Oct 23, 2013.

1. pix530

pix530 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2013
    Hi there,
    I am pretty new with video films making.
    So have 2 questions, simple for videomakers but I really appreciate if you can help me:

1) I know how to make nice pics with my E-P5. For video I just push record button in same configuration of M as I shoot photos. But with results - photos looks great, with video I see something is not perfect with WB for example? Is camera using same settings I put in my M mode as for photos?

2) I make videos to push them to youtube, should I make those in FullHD or decrease quality as youtube will do this for me anyway?

2. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Outdoors I shoot in aperture priority mode at wide open apertures and ISO 200 as it seems to produce a sharper video image with less moire and artifacts when panning. I use the Sunshine white balance setting for both stills and video on sunny days outdoors. For the best quality Youtube video, upload a full 1080 HD video directly without editing. Of course, some editing is nearly always necessary; e.g to add titles and dates, so in that case save the video at a high quality setting that does not get too wild in regard to file size.