Advise and Oly config for video?

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by pix530, Oct 23, 2013.

1. pix530

pix530 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2013
    BC/WA
    Hi there,
    I am pretty new with video films making.
    So have 2 questions, simple for videomakers but I really appreciate if you can help me:

1) I know how to make nice pics with my E-P5. For video I just push record button in same configuration of M as I shoot photos. But with results - photos looks great, with video I see something is not perfect with WB for example? Is camera using same settings I put in my M mode as for photos?

2) I make videos to push them to youtube, should I make those in FullHD or decrease quality as youtube will do this for me anyway?

Thanks

2. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Outdoors I shoot in aperture priority mode at wide open apertures and ISO 200 as it seems to produce a sharper video image with less moire and artifacts when panning. I use the Sunshine white balance setting for both stills and video on sunny days outdoors. For the best quality Youtube video, upload a full 1080 HD video directly without editing. Of course, some editing is nearly always necessary; e.g to add titles and dates, so in that case save the video at a high quality setting that does not get too wild in regard to file size.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.