1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Advice Sought

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gdc58, May 14, 2010.

1. gdc58

gdc58 New to Mu-43

May 13, 2010
    Perth, Ontario, Canada
    I have a GF1 which I use as a second camera. Main rig is D90 with several lenses. Am intrigued with 4/3 system and thinking about getting the 14-140 lens, but not to use on the GF1. Thought that lens with a G2 or GH1 body would be the ideal travel camera rig. Really want a viewfinder for using a long lens like that and the clip-on for the GF1 is not that great from what I hear. Any thoughts?

2. pete_t

pete_t Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    I have the 14-140mm almost permanently attached to my GH1, a great combination and a fine lens. Makes it painless to carry about all day.

I did until recently have a Canon 5D II as my main system but those days are over. The GH1 has almost completely replaced it.

3. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I have a GH1, and when I want the most versatility for day-time shoots, I take my 14-140 along. It's a fine lens.

As an aside, I've handled the smaller GF/E-PEN bodies, but to me they feel unbalanced with larger, heavier legacy lenses. IMO they're best used with more compact lenses. On the other hand, the GH1 feels quite at home with those larger or heavier legacy lenses, which I love. Very well balanced.

4. gdc58

gdc58 New to Mu-43

May 13, 2010
    Perth, Ontario, Canada
    Any thoughts on waiting for the G2 or looking for a GH1 with the 14-140? The camera store I contacted in Ottawa said they didn't think they could get the G2 body alone.