Advice sought: how big, realistically, could I print up ...

Discussion in 'Printing' started by tanngrisnir3, Jun 10, 2015.

1. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    from a Panasonic GH2? I have an inquiry from an old intern of mine about hanging some shots of my in a clinic in Germany, printed at 40" and on acrylic.

That was two camera generations ago, shot RAW, 16MP 4/3 sensor, and likely the single best bit of PP I ever did for that camera. I've seen a promotional video of some guy in NY printing up GH3 shots to sizes I never would have considered, but have never printed anything from my GH2 years. I'm looking to try and not waste time/money on test prints to the degree that I can. Thanks!

8220898914_ee58c8e7f7_b. Hornitos Road, Morning in the Forest by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    I've had a shot from a 12mp (admittedly full-frame) camera blown up larger than that for an exhibition and it looked fine with a little interpolation. Yes if you stood 1ft away you could see pixels but you don't view prints of that size from that distance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.