Advice on Nikon adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by digital_grrl79, Sep 9, 2014.

1. digital_grrl79

digital_grrl79 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Hi! I purchased an inexpensive Nikon adapter a couple of years ago (can't remember the brand) and it seems the spring in it has finally given up and it is stuck on one of my lenses. If anyone has advice on how to get it off I'm all ears :]

Aside from that, I wanted to get advice on which brand of adapter I should get to replace this broken one. The one I have currently says AI-M43 on the adapter.

Update: I finally got the broken adapter off of the lens. Now I am in need of a recommendation for a new Nikon adapter that is less likely to fail as this one did.

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Because it's a pin lock that requires the pin to come down, the spring generally is there to stop the pin from dropping. You should be able to still push down on the lock release and get it to release. Just work it gently while moving the adapter left and right slightly as the pin can be tight. A photo of your exact model might help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. digital_grrl79

digital_grrl79 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I was finally able to get it off of the lens!! Now I am in need of a recommendation for a nikon adapter that is less likely to fail as this one did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Almost every one I tried had back focus problems - some even did not reach infinity focus. The aperture controls also are wildly variable from too easy to move (as in moves of it's own volition) to impossible to move without an weight training program.

I settled on a no name brand that I shimmed to get perfect back distance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I have a Voigtlander one and it's very good, but also a bit pricy.