1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Advice on jpeg settings

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bridgemix, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bridgemix

bridgemix Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2012
    Sweden
    Hey ya all,

Love this place, it gives me so much inspiration :smile:

I have some questions that you maybe can give me some input to?
    I have the GX1 with the Panny/Leica 25mm attached, and I mainly shoot raw.
    But my wife uses the camera regularly and import here taken photos to her own laptop. She wants to shoot jpeg and make it simple (she┬┤s using Picassa I think). I was thinking of making a custom set menu for here at C1 and C2.

Can you guys give me some advice on settings regarding jpeg to boost the sharpness, colors etc.
    Do you have any favorite settings for B/W I appreciate them to (for those of you that shoot b/w direct out of camera)

Thanks & Cheers from Sweden (and excuse my bad English grammar)

2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    • Like Like x 1
  3. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    If there were one right answer, then there wouldn't be settings for it. It's really all about preference. Go through the various settings, and see which you like best. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. There are some photographers that love saturation, with greener-than-green grass and foliage, and bluer-than-blue skies, there are some photographers that love noise reduction because it smooths out their subjects, and there are some who love sharpening because it makes the hairs and branches in their image pop! Whatever your wife prefers is correct.

4. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, we've all heard that many times. ;)

In all seriousness, ultimately you will have to sit down with her and go through actual images to see what she likes and doesn't like, but I understand the desire to start off with some basic settings that will generally look good so she isn't daunted by the task of customizing settings to her own preferences. I'm sure the links blue posted will be very helpful for that. :)